• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

E has turned a NEW Leaf!!!

H

Hooked

A little late but great news E.
Another quitter here 25+ years. I relied on Cherry flavored mentholyptus cough drops I went through a bag a day. I needed something strong and they are.

Tips

Of course suck on a lozenger when you get a crave.
Don't sit around at the table after eating, get up and do something. Like the dishes.
Don't talk about it. If you do it makes you think about smoking.
Cut down on Coffee (it goes hand in hand with smoking)
Same with alcohol (ugh)
We we're a lot younger. So we quit going out to bars/night clibs for a while. Too much smoke around at the time. I guess it's not an issue anymore.
Do something with your hands keep busy. I actually built the USS Constitution.

Good Luck

R

red stripe

Reggae.. that is quite a story!

So far Einstein has been lucky to go through this with no really bad withdraw symptoms.
But it is NOT the case with everyone. For a lot of people it is a very hard battle each and every moment I have know people who suffered memory loss.. just enough to make them feel they were losing it. Sleep deprivation, or too sleepy, temper outbursts, unable to concentrate.. etc.
Fortunately this is not long term.
So this is not easy to beat.. and everyone who even attempts this has my admiration and respect.

R

red stripe

Hooked.. you built a MODEL? which one???? Heidi Klum, Cindy Crawford..Gisele Bundchen?????

Einstein... do not even think about it.. I can keep your hands busy.... building a nice wooden footlocker :grin

H

Hooked

RED A MODEL OF THE USS CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!! It's a good thing I kept reading when you said you could think of a way to keep E's hands busy.

C

connie seabee

Congratulations E, I quit 2 years ago. Like you I was very considerate smoker. Lyn did not smoke therefore, I didn't smoke in the house.

M

maw

E sorry missedthis when you posted. Glad you are on wagon-noiw I won't feel gui.ty with office on non smoking side. I quit Sept.6, 1`986 the day I went into operating room for 4 bn y passes. Paw quit on his 58th birthday.

C

Calgon1

E, This is fantastic news! Congratulations. I threw 'em out back in '95 (pack a day x 37 years!). It's going to take a little while, but you'll be amazed at how good fod will start to taste ....

Seriously, this is really fantastic. If you feel an urge to chat for support, you have my e-mail ....

N

Nessie

That is wonderful news! I understand the addiction and you have just made one of the most important changes for your health and well being. It is never too late to quit. My husband quit chewing tobacco 165 days ago and hasnt returned once. He chewed for over 26 yrs!

So Proud of you E!! :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb