Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

elation may 16th

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by wojo, Apr 20, 2004.

1. cruisingirls

cruisingirls Guest

cool! We can't wait to meet everyone! We are also Cave Tubing, but with a different company. What are ya'll doing in Progresso?

2. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

In Progresso, we're going to search for cheap corona's, go to the beach, and do some shopping. What about yall? Betsy? Wojo?

3. cruisingirls

cruisingirls Guest

We're going to go the beach and shop a little I guess....doesn't seem like much to do there! It will hopefully just be a relaxing day!

4. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

exactly. relaxing. that's what i plan on doing.

5. wojo

wojo Guest

Good Morning,

I think we might go to the ruins in Progreso, not sure what the rest of the group is doing. This will be our 3rd time down to that part of Mexico and we have never gone to the ruins and my husband really wants to go.

Then we will find the cheap corona's!! According to some of the other posts I read, there are a few bars on the beach right off the Pier. Probably not going to shop too much, because we always go to Mexico, just remember to talk them down on their prices.

6. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

I want to go to the ruins. But no one in my group wants to go. I heard complaints of having to walk far, etc. I'll schedule a mother-daughter cruise in a couple of years and bring my mom and sister. They'll go with me.

7. Beanne

Beanne Guest

We are going to the ruins on Progresso - you are welcome to come with us. We want to go to the closest ones where they have a cenote that you can swim in. I am told that the ruins are between Progresso and Meridan (Sort of like Houston and Galveston.)

8. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

which one has the cenote? are yall going there by bus? how long are yall staying there?

9. wojo

wojo Guest

Are you going to book the one from the ship or do one on your own?

10. Beanne

Beanne Guest

The one with the cenote is this one - don't ask me to pronounce it!

http://www.mayanbeachgarden.com/Dzibalchaltun.html

It is the closest one and we were going to just grab a cab or van at the pier. We here it is easy to do. And I doubt we will be there more than 3-4 hours - time for a quick swim in the cenote. Then come back and veg on the beach and shop for a little while before climbing back onboard!

11. wojo

wojo Guest

Thanks, I'll check it out!

12. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

thanx!

:jump

13. Beanne

Beanne Guest

Hey all - I saw some pictures today from a former cruiser of the ruins. It looks like an awesome place!! Hope ya'll will join us!

14. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

good morning. is anyone doing any excursions in Belize? Independent or through Carnival

15. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

I won't be on the Elation on the 16th, but will be there to see everyone coming off, since I'll be boarding her May 23rd!!

16. cruisingirls

cruisingirls Guest

Good Mornin! We are cave tubing and booked through XStream cave tubing. They had great reviews and were cheaper than booking through Carnival. Also, it is said the group will be a lot smaller, which should make for a better time. Some others are also cave tubing through Coral Breeze I think. They are about $5 cheaper than who we booked with. This is the day I am most looking forward to! It looks like so much fun!

17. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

You know I was debating between the 2. I think we're gunna go with X-stream as well.

18. cruisingirls

cruisingirls Guest

Cool! I'm sure we'll have a great time!

19. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

Is yall's excursion set at 8am?

20. isa_isa

isa_isa Guest

Just talked to Sherry from X-Stream. The Elation is set to arrive in Belize at 7am. The excursion doesn't start till 9am. They have 4 vans. They take the first 14 that arrive on the excursion. The next van takes the next 14. And so on and so on. I was worried that I may not be able to book the excursion. I'll book tonight. Has anyone else booked?

:jump