Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Elation" questions.....lots.....

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by turkeyman, May 31, 2005.

1. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

I've got some questions about the Elation. First, is there a fridge in each cabin?

2. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

Nope! Unless of course you are booked into a cat 11 or 12. Actually, I think if you contact guest services, they may place a portable fridge in your cabin if you have meds that need to be refrigerated. It's worth a try.

3. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Turkeyman is going to try Elation? Way to go trying new things :)

Can't say much about it, other than we were looking into it big time last year but tried the Grand instead. Decided now that the big ship thing is not our thing though, so we hope to try it someday! Any questions about cruising out of Galveston I would be more than happy to try and help though :)

4. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Nanni-B, drop me an email if you know of any cruise and Park-for-the-week motels in the Galveston area.

5. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

Turkeyman, we did the Holiday Inn Express right on Seawall Blvd......hotel+pakring for one week + free shuttle to and from pier was approx $120. Will try and PM the details.....

6. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Thanks, I've never been to Galveston, but only to Houston a few times. We'll probably do the day early thing.

7. Nanni-B.

Nanni-B. Guest

We stayed over 2 nights pre-cruise in Galveston and spent one entire day walking up and down the blvd. We wish we would have used our time a little better however and went to the Moody Historical house, as well as aircraft museum which my brother said is fantastic.

There are many sea food places within walking distance to the hotels, but we ate at a small Mexican place 3 blocks up from the Holilday Inn Express, and the second night we ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Good luck!

8. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Working on the motel this week. Ship questions. Is there a sushi bar? a talent show? what kind of music entertainment has been in the lounges lately? (R&B, Rock, Country, Classical, etc.). How bout soft serve ice cream? 24 hour pizza?

That's enough for now.

9. serene56

serene56 Guest

use www.biddingfortravel.com for learning how priceline works.

There was a sushi bar on the Inspiration so I am gonna say yes there is one on your ship. Its not every night--like the formal night it is not served.

isce cream and pizza-- 24 hours a day--pizza is not a choice for room service.

10. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Another question. Is there a safety deposit box in each cabin. Ok, people, I might sound picky, but I gots to know.

11. jleq1

jleq1 Guest

There is a safe (I think about 12x18) in your closet.

12. I just cruised the Elation two weeks ago and can tell you that you will have a great time! There is a talent show on Thursday evening, and Saturday they had 'Elation Idol' which was a spinoff of the TV version. Yes on the safe, however, we could never get ours to lock. The sushi bar was open every afternoon from 5:30 to 7:30. Musical entertainment seemed to be mostly country. There were two Las Vegas style shows and a very funny comedian that was on a few nights as well. Ice cream and pizza was in abundance 24/7.
    Hope this helps you out! Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

13. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Ok, here's somemore run-of-the-mill questions that I don't know. What nights are formal nights? When's the Captain's cocktail party and the past guests' party? Is Progresso really going to be deleted as one of the ports of call? I'd like to know more about the "Elation Idol" show.

Thanks

14. mikesteg

mikesteg Guest

It's only been a month, but I honestly don't remember which nights were formal, or which of them was the Captain's party. Don't know about Progresso.

Elation Idol is just a karaoke show. There were 9 people when I was on, and they apparently let everybody who wanted to perform do so. After the performance, they had 3 "judges" critique in the same kind of thing as American Idol. The "Simon" was Donna the teen club coordinator... apparently she had had a bad week, because she was pretty much just mean and not very entertaining. A very odd choice to me anyway: kids... here is your role model. =huh Anyway, each person does there thing, each gets a little award. Nobody wins or loses.

Now that I think about it, there was a separate talent show. I believe it was in the middle of the day and I missed it, but caught a little bit on TV. From what I saw it was the typical singing, playing instruments, etc.

15. Formal nights are Monday and Friday. As of two weeks ago, Progresso is still on the itenary. We went to the Mayan Ruins and enjoyed the tour, even though it took 2 and a half hours to get there! Elation Idol was just for entertainment purposes. Each participant won a plastic ship on a stick. There were ten contestants, some of which were not great singers. This contest was held on Saturday night at 10:30. The talent show was on Thursday evening. It consisted of five singers and one young lady that played the clarinet. Again, no 'real' prizes were awarded.

16. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Parking. How is traffic the day of the Cruise? How early are passengers allowed to board. Has anyone used EZ parking?

17. mikesteg

mikesteg Guest

Traffic is horrendous during the rush times when there are 2 ships in port (which will be the case for you). EZ parking is good, cheaper than the others, and you can make reservations on the web. It may take 30 minutes to go the few blocks in the shuttle each way, but that is true for all the shuttles (parking, hotel, airport, etc). EZ does transport luggage (unlike the "official" lots) so you don't have to go through the Loop of Doom an extra time just to drop off your bags. If you don't use EZ then use Dolphin, which is now owned by the same guys as the "official"lots but they still transport luggage.

Last month I believe we boarded about 11am. It can run anywhere from maybe 10:30 to 12:30 (or worse if the ship gets in late, of course.)