Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

embarrassing moments?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Haggis Hunters, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Have just finished 7 out of 8 12 hour days at work and I need a good laugh! =rofl Cheer up this droopy haggis and tell me all about your most embarrassing moments on board, anything goes, no rude words, no towel animal involvement!!!! Go on, I dares ya !

2. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

It was my husband at dinner. He ordered escargot(Waiter recommended), and then when he was eating it chimed'' Mmm pretty good what is it? I was dumb enough to answer. It wasn't pretty. I thought he was going to let it all out.... :)

3. Great start! I have eaten escargot too but in France, no self respecting Haggis dared spit it out in front of mes amis!

4. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Went to Barbadoes..to do the "Jolly Roger Pirate ship" excursion..swung out on the rope,dove down head first..( too many years of diving competition in camp during my youth)..had on two piece swim suit..my bikini top came OFF..had to hunt at my FEET!!.for it adjust it and then surface...:grin.., thought DH was gonna come after me in the drink..He did not see it .thought even though I was a certified life guard I was in trouble...would have given the passengers and crew quite the show..NOW for serious swimming or excursions I wear a Speedo diving type suit..:grin..Live and learn....and that was before the free rum punch on the sail back to the ship!!..:daisy..Joanne

5. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Oh my Joanne, That would have been the end of me.. :)

6. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

We were on the Ocean Princess and we had an oceanview cabin with an obstructed view. We were at sea all that day mind you. After sun and pool time I went to take a shower and decided to for-go the robe and just came out of the bathroom. Imagine my surprise when one of the maintenance crew was standing outside my window!

I always made sure I pulled the curtain after that......LOL

7. This happened to a friend of mine....we were looking for someone in the theatre...we were at the top in back, it was a bit dark, looking but couldn't find them....when we turned around she fell down two steps and sort of tumbled.......the only person that saw her was a security guard.....needless to say he thought she had been drinking, but she wasn't and I was.....we giggle about it to this day.

8. GloBug

GloBug Guest

I'll get back to you on this one in 4 weeks!

9. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Does it have to be on board? How about in the Board Room? I used the restroom at work, walked into the board room where the Pres and my boss, the VP of Gaming were in a meeting, took some paperwork into them, turned around, walked out.. and when I walked into the outer office, the other admin told me that back of my full skirt was tucked up into my underwear! LOL! They never said a word, and believe me, if they had noticed, they would have never let me live it down. But 4 years later, I still remember.. and laugh and laugh and laugh..

10. These are really good, DW and I have a laugh at these, bring 'em on! On board ones are best but any old calamity jane will do! As an appetiser I once knocked over a bin outside a police station doing a u turn, well it was more of a u-haul out of there fast!

11. JRudy33

JRudy33 Guest

My friend wears a hairpiece. He thinks no one knows and is very protective of it, always wearing a hat on windy days, never going under water, etc. On one of the days at sea, when everyone was gathered around the pool, I guess he was just so relaxed and having a good time, that he forgot about his hairpiece. He was walking around the outer edge of the pool and said kiddingly, "look I'm walking on water". Then he just walked into the deep part. Well, he went under and his hairpiece stayed on top, floating upside down right in front of my son. It looked like a big hairy bug floating in the water. His wife quickly grab his hat, he grabed his hair and slapped it back on his head backwards and put his hat on. Everyone saw it and I think it was even filmed We all (secretly) got a pretty big chuckle out of it. People would point at him and laugh the rest of the cruise.

12. Jim in NC

Jim in NC Guest

On our first cruise we had to do everything and try everything like everyone on their first. After a long night of partying we returned to the cabin and fell exhausted into bed. Next morning when I called my wife to get ready for breakfast she jumped out of bed to take a shower and as she walked past me I noticed that the back of her sleep shirt was covered with something brown. You can imagine my first thought. On close inspection we found out it was the nightly chocolate that the room steward had placed on her pillow. Not only her shirt but her hair and the enitre bed was covered in chocolate. The next night when we returned to the cabin the room steward had left a large candy bar on her pillow. Years later we found out that our friends in the cabin next door had bribed the steward to do that. We still laugh about that 15 years later.

13. Cali

Cali Guest

We were on the Carnival Triumph on 2003 for our 20th wedding anniversary along with our 18 year old daughter and 21 year old niece. My sister had given me a bottle of wine and champagne to take on our cruise. One night we took the champagne to dinner with us, set it on the table and waited patiently for our waiter to open it. Two nights later we took the wine to dinner. Our waiter is really busy so hubby decided to give the waiter a head start on opening the wine. He removed the metal and wire covering and sat the wine on the table. All of the sudden KABOOM!!!!! The entire dinning room suddenly became extremely quiet and my heart immediately stops beating. Finally we realized the wine had opened itself. Once our hearts resumed beating it was quite funny UNTIL we looked up directly above us and the cork left a dent in the ceiling where it had hit. Poor hubby was so embarrassed. The redder he turned the more me and the girls laughed. From that night on, anytime we brought a bottle to the table he sat it there until the waiter had a free moment. I have often wondered where the cork ended up landing. ( THIS IS A TRUE STORY)

Cali

Post Edited (06-21-04 13:33)

14. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

These are great, Made my day to read these and chuckle. Thanks for sharing everyone... :)

15. Love the chocolate clothes, what was your first thought ! =eek

16. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Ok I got one...Last year on Carnival Legend, we returned to our cabin one night in a hurry and my wife is franticly trying to get changed for a show she thought we had coming up, she's yelling at me to GET DRESSED!!!! GET DRESSED!!! So here I am rushing and rushing, practically running out from the cabin with only one shoe tied,

So start joggin down the hall trying not to be late as we had only about 5 mins to get there. Our cabin steward is standing outside our room doing what ever it was he was doing, and he couldn't for the life of him figure out why we were rushing so badly.

So my wife tells him that we have a show to catch. He says, guys? Uhh, Your shows tommorow night. :grin

17. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

So Ken you were all dressed up and no where to go? Sounds just like something I would do.... :)

18. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:grin I dunno Steph...more like, if we actually got there where the show woulda been if there hadn't been a Bill W meeting it would have been more like hurry up and wait! :lol

19. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

I'd take yours over mine Ken!!..talk about a free show with no admission fee...I tell you if there had been a camera on my face as I was surfacing and realised I was topless.:worried..I never scambled so fast in my life to breathe,kick my feet,grab my top, and yank it up and then surface....After that I did cannonballs and held on to my top just before I landed..It was a Blast!!...:grin.....:)..Joanne

20. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

:lol Joanne!! don't want to forget to say I read yours earlier!! Ah jeez!! I wouldn't been right up there laughing away with ya!!

But, yea!! oh Boy Joanne!! Here we are us two knuckleheads standing there dressed in our best with absolutely nowhere to go, just laughing away! Well, at least I had the time to tie my other shoe!! :grin