Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Enchantment Coffee

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by sailingrose, Oct 2, 2003.

1. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Beware of the Enchantments coffee. It was the worst I've ever had on a RCI ship. Nothing helped so if your a coffee person you either have to buy the coffee at Seattles Best or bring your own pot.

2. golfmike

golfmike Guest

Have to agree with you, Rose, the coffee on the Enchantment shouldn't even be called coffee. I have no idea what it was, to tell the truth. I quit drinking it altogether and started aquiring cafeine through the diet Pepsi that we had brought along.

3. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Where is Seattles best served onboard th Enchantment? We will be sailing on it next August and we are coffee drinkers.

Laurie :wave

4. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

On deck 6 there is a coffee stand between the art gallery and the photo gallery in the Centrum. Bring your own pot........that's what I'd do. The funny thing is RCI is supposed to serve Seattles Best in all the Dining Venues.......wonder where it was.....absolutely awful!

5. loulou

loulou Guest

I agree...I had had Seattles Best on voyager-figured thats what I would be drinking
    on Enchantment-whatever it was-it was ICKY!!!!!

6. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

I agree..

I thought maybe it was just me . It didnt seem no matter how much cream I ordered , I didnt leave enough room for the cream .. very strong coffee..

or something .. just ask them to BRING A LOT OF CREAM AND A LITTLE COFFEE

7. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Your right Sara Lee....the cream helped but not enough. I also tried the water down approach and it wasn't much help either.

8. adowning

adowning Guest

I do like strong coffee but is the flavor bad as well? I'm a Starbucks Espresso Roast and make it thick! type drinker. Now you have me worried! So in the Centrum is the fill up free?? I think I remember the coffee shop on Navigator you did have to pay for...it might be worth it though!!

9. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

I like strong coffee also and that wasn't the problem. It was very bitter and resembled nothing I had ever tasted before. Starbucks doesn't bother me at all.

The Seattle's Best is in the centrum on deck 6. No they do not give free refills. If you drink alot of coffee and are planning to sail her soon I would bring a coffee pot or a french press. I just wrote a letter to RCI about this and hopefully things will improve.

10. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Adowning,
    You drink exactly my cup of coffee :thumb hope we will be able to handle the Enchantments coffee. Some people are not avid coffee drinkers and don't understand I really need a good cup of coffee in the morning and afternoon and evening :lol

Laurie :wave

11. MzLuLu

MzLuLu Guest

I too love my coffee, especially in the morning. Where ever I go I bring my 4 cup pot , my own brand of coffee and equal this way I figure I wont set myself up for disappointment. It really doesnt take up that much room in the suitcase. I usually put the coffee grinds in a ziploc bag and stuff it all inside the coffee pot.

12. kruisinkathy

kruisinkathy Guest

My husband and I were on the Monarch this past July. It was a GREAT getaway for the two of us - but the free coffee was the worst I've ever had. Tasted nothing like any coffee I've ever had - YUCK!
    When I posted my review I think I mentioned that the only decent coffee on the ship was what we purchased at the Seattles Best stand on deck 5.
    At any rate, we're going on the Mariner for Thanksgiving with the whole family - and I'm wondering now if I should bring my own coffee pot??
    Kathy

13. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

I'm hoping that the awful coffee was a fluke on RCI ships but now that you had the same experience on a different ship I'm starting to wonder. I have written (snail mail) to RCI to ask about the coffee they were using on the Enchantment. When I hear from them I'll let you know. May take awhile but I've always found that snail mail usually gets you a truer response then e-mail.

14. adowning

adowning Guest

I sailed the Navigator on 3/15/03 and the coffee was GREAT! I had a pot delivered to the stateroom every morning and it was good. The Seattles best with a cookie in the afternoon to perk up was WONDERFUL. The coffee in the dining room tasted pretty good too. Now the Windjammer coffee....I could just barely tolerate. I think they made it too weak there.

I can't wait to hear your response on the Enchantment coffee from RCCL. I really might bring my 4 cup pot. I agree Laura, those first morning cups HAVE to be good or I'm a mess the rest of the morning!

Enchantment 1/19/04 wooo hoooo three months to go!

15. adowning

adowning Guest

I sailed the Navigator on 3/15/03 and the coffee was GREAT! I had a pot delivered to the stateroom every morning and it was good. The Seattles best with a cookie in the afternoon to perk up was WONDERFUL. The coffee in the dining room tasted pretty good too. Now the Windjammer coffee....I could just barely tolerate. I think they made it too weak there.

I can't wait to hear your response on the Enchantment coffee from RCCL. I really might bring my 4 cup pot. I agree Laura, those first morning cups HAVE to be good or I'm a mess the rest of the morning!

Enchantment 1/19/04 wooo hoooo three months to go!

16. Sestra

Sestra Guest

Reading all the boards but I was on an NCL ship. The best coffee to be had was at the specialty coffee bar. I understand that many lines have them, so maybe the other coffee is bad so that you will crave a specialty coffee, at 5$ a shot. Worth it, but would it be too much to ask for a decent cuppa joe elsewhere?

17. Petert

Petert Guest

I really enjoy a good cup of coffee, but I have resigned myself to getting my coffee fix at the Seattles best. I haven't found consistently good coffee on any cruise ship, but the worst I have tasted was the coffee made from syrup. After all the bad reviews about their coffee RCI finally did away with the syrup, or did they? One solution could be to bring a small jar of your favorite freeze dried coffee and request hot water (or tea makings) with dinner. If enough people used this alternative I wager we would get their attention.

Peter

18. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

I do believe it's a ploy to get us to buy coffee but I won't do it. It's like the alternative restaurant issue to me......not paying for food. I bought the coffee because I just couldn't go without.....I'd sleepwalk thru the day. Instant is a good alternative. I just found a travel french press at Barney's so I can bring my own fresh coffee.......just need hot water.

RCI still uses the coffee syrup (as most of the lines do) which is why one cup can be good and the next bad. They just switched brands but in my opinion it's even worse then the previous one.

19. Does RCCL have those flavored creamers, ie. irish cream ect. I like my coffee
    really strong but with a flavored creamer. Or should I just plan on buying some
    before getting onboard???

Thanx

20. Petert

Petert Guest

Hi Bargainhunter,

Haven't seen any of the flavored creamers on any cruise ship. Might be a good idea to bring your own if that's what you like.

Peter