Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

End Of Days Cruise

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Calgon1, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

If its anything like Y2K then we have NO Fears. :evil: Probably a wee bit to close to the Christmas Holidays to get much enthusiasm. :shrug:Gr8 rates are ALWAYS seen in the 1st 2 weeks of Dec. though so ya NEVER know. :scratch:

2. tango55

tango55 Well-Known Member

I'm in! We're cruising Dec. 5th 2010 - so that time of year works for me! Great rates, plus everyone will be home for Christmas (if they're wrong and the world doesn't come to an end!)

Terry

3. Mr. Utley

Mr. Utley Well-Known Member

It won't be the end of the world if this doesn't get scheduled...

4. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

GLOBug!! are you going to let him get away that :hammer:

5. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Earl, I think she's to shocked to respond -

Hey Glo ................... gotcha! LOL!!!!!!!

6. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

Out here on the west coast, we start and end our day later then you right coasters do... so I just saw this.
    Cal, I would still be alive to make your life miserable....:bbat:

7. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

I think if we are still cruising after the end of days, any port we stop at will have "ruins".

8. GloBug

Gees Calgon, you can't even get doomsday straight. This is a direct quote from the link YOU provided in the OP.

The Mayan calendar comes to an end on Sunday, December 23, 2012. Only a few people will survive the catastrophe that ensues.

That means the cruise will be longer then you stated, that mgrimes CAN celebrate that Dec. 22 birthday, that we need two more movies, and that the ship has to have two more days of fuel and food and water.

It also means you can't read. Or are using the wrong coefficient to calculate your dates. :no:

9. JacquieP

JacquieP Well-Known Member

Good grief Pat, have you let him out of his cage again????????

10. GloBug

(I don't know why she does that!!!)

11. J.E. M.

J.E. M. Well-Known Member

Put the cruise on your credit card and you don't have to worry about paying for the cruise.

12. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

must be love!!!!

13. CRdude

CRdude Active Member

Since the Mayan calendar date ties in with the Nostradamus prophecies , polar shift theory and other predictions, many believers of all this may have a tendency to max out their credit cards just prior to and while aboard the final cruise. Some may feel that they would want the best suites, products and services if their payments would be due after Dec 21. Let's all hope that all the ships employees are not believers . . . . they may not put forth their best efforts if they believe that the world is coming to an end on this cruise. Does this mean that the sooner you book - the better. You decide heh heh heh

14. Happy2cu

Happy2cu Well-Known Member

I love this idea! Especially since I have been bombarded by my father and brother that this actually will be the last day - they listen to Jack Van Impy and since he says it, it's gotta be true, LOL. I'd never hear the end of it!

15. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

Heck - I'm gonna max out ALL of my CC's in December 2012...no matter when the Due date is...who is going to be left to make me pay a late fee, much less the actual charges. Tee-hee-hee...that'll show em!! :evil: :evil:

16. tutak

tutak Getting EVEN closer to suspension

Put the cruise on Einstein's CC and no matter what happens, you come out ahead.

17. GloBug

Bank of Bruce card would be better to use. That way if the world DOESN'T end... hey, it don't matter!

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

Every Duck Crew member is privileged to hold a Bank of Bruce credit card.

And I'm looking forward to meeting with the bank's chairman, Bruce, in the not too distant future. And for that matter, Brucie will get to meet Pucci!

19. GloBug

I thought they were old friends. (Emphasis on the "old.")

On this cruise, you could eat as much as you wanted, and not worry about that extra poundage you are putting on. :banana:

If you break your finger, or your foot, on the cruise, you could go to the ship doctor every day.

Run up that bar bill!

Visit the jewelry shop every day!

20. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Quack - quack !!!

One possibility: The Maasdam is running a nice 10-day itinerary out of Lauderdale. Hits Grand Cayman and five Mayan ports (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize City, Santo tomas de Castila, and Roatan). The price is nice ($999-1999 p/p) and it's over the right time frame (covering December 21st). Of course, that's for this year; but I'm sure they'll either be running this, or one very similar, in 2012.