• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ever have a cold on just one side of your head?

G

GloBug

I am miserably sick. Sneezing, sniffling, runny nose, my eye stings and waters, my nose stings, I walk around with a box of lotion kleenex, and oh yeah, a sore throat. But only on 1/2 of my head. The right side is all wrong. The left side is absolutely normal. I thought this was really bizarre, but this morning I googled COLD ON ONE SIDE OF MY HEAD and BAM, all these people with the same question popped up, and no answers. I sent my doctor a cyber-Kaiser message, so I'll see if she has any kind of an explanation.

Meanwhile, I'm off work, no way I can cash people out with a piece of kleenex hanging out of my nose! :lol

H

Hooked

Hummm??? Which eye stings, and does only one side of your nose run?

Sorry just trying to cheer you up Glo. Try to stay comfortable and I hope you're feeling better soon.

G

GloBug

yup, Hooked, only one side of my nose runs. VERY weird. But on the other hand, I still have an appetite, since I can taste food. So... do I only take half a cold pill??? =huh

B

bOB

Just make sure you only eat with the left side of your mouth and that the food goes into the left side of your stomach, otherwise you will be feeding your cold and will only prolong it. Also make sure any medication you take only goes into the right side as it will be wasted if anything goes to the left side. I'm sure that you doctor would probably tell you this because they are pretty intellajunt.

G

GloBug

Maybe it will only last half as long? My fever is down to 49.3*!

Don't dare tell my boss it's only on one side of my head. He'll have me switch cash registers and keep my head turned.

C

conniecat

Uh, Glo, I think you should get to a morgue, quickly, if that is really your temperature!

I have had a sinus infection on the right side for a couple months now. Dr keeps giving me antibiotics, and it goes away for a few days, then comes back just as soon as the pills are gone.

Do you think if we went down to the southern hemisphere it would switch sides??

L

Lisa

Not uncommon at all.......if you have a sinus infection in only one sinus, it will not affect the other half of your face. I frequently get stuffed up on only one side of my head. My doctor said that is normal.

G

GloBug

Not a sinus infection at all, just a nasty head cold. My dr. wasn't surprised at all it was only on one side.