Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Everythin's cool or Orient Beach

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by trayc, Aug 13, 2002.

1. trayc

trayc Guest

I keep reading great threads about both. Which beach is better? Do they have waverunners for rent at either?

We would like do a little shopping in Marigot as well.

2. MikeInPgh

MikeInPgh Guest

There were Waverunner for rent (as well as parasailing) at Everyting Cool. I don't think EC rents them, I think is an other group. My wife nixed the idea of renting one after my 3rd Big Black Banana of the afternoon. In retrospect, that was not a bad thing.

So, your choices are the best frozen drinks in the Caribbean or topless middle-aged women and fat guys in speedos (if you are lucky).

I vote for the frozen drinks. Trust me, there is plenty to see on the beach in front of Everyting Cool.

3. trayc

trayc Guest

Yikes! When you put it that way, frozen drinks it is!

Thanks for the help.

4. Blusky558

Blusky558 Guest

We just spent a great day near EC this past month. There are several different guys who rent jet skis along the beach. We were just past EC towards the condo's. They rent jet skis and do banana boat rides. They will bargain with you, so try your best. My son got them down to $30 for 1/2 hour, plus they gave all 5 teens the banana boat ride of their lives (almost 45 minutes) for only $8 each. They have some really cute waitresses walking the beach, so wives take note that you may need to take blinders with you.

5. r barr

r barr Guest

wave runners parasailing etc are availiable at both But I think Orient is a much nicer beach ,( cleaner no vender hassles no charge for umrellas and loungers etc.) if you grab a cab soon as you hit the pier you can be there when its very quiet ,lots of resuarants and bars also Marigot is a great place to head for lunch and shopping afterward, lots of taxis there and you're already part way tto Marigot if at Orient. Then after lunch you can taxi back to Phillupsburg for more shopping or check out Everythin's cool since it's right by the water taxi you take back to the pier

6. joan schmitz

joan schmitz Guest

R Barr:

Are you saying that there are taxis just waiting when you finish at Orient or do you have to pay the taxi to wait for you - maybe a couple of hours???

7. LindaP

LindaP Guest

We asked our taxi driver to pick us up and three hours and he showed up on time

8. JohnG

JohnG Guest

They are also parked just waiting, too.

9. gene

gene Guest

Go to Orient, head for Pedro's, say "Hi!" to Selena and you'll get a padded lounge chair, umbrella and table for the day, plus a DRINK OF YOUR CHOICE, all for $7 !!!! The food is really good there too - not just Mexican as the name implies but some great French and local seafood dishes too. Yes, the scenery can occasionally be the "Doh! I wish I didn't see that!" variety, but it is often quite....interesting. The beach is beautiful, the water is great, there are wave runners for rent right next to Pedro's and taxis are everywhere. Not to take anything away from Everyt'ing Cool, but everyone should go to Orient at least once in their life.

10. marjmy

marjmy Guest

We have been to both , last year everythingcool and Orient beach 2x's. When we go back agian I believe we will go back to Orient beach, it is a nicer beach, lots of great places to eat , the water was fun to swim (play) in. every things cool is close to shopping and the food wasn't bad, the beer was reaaallll cheap, good old Canadian Labatt's Blue for only a buck. (That was great)! Just my opinion, don't think you will be disappointed at either.
    Marjorie

11. Hooked

Hooked Guest

Blue for a buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Guest

If you have one of their t-shirts wear it in and the first Blue is FREE!

13. Ali

Ali Guest

Yep, I have one of those shirts...and I wear it every time I go. Although I don't drink, I get the first Diet Pepsi for free. I just love that place.