Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Excited About My First Cruise

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Maggie, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Maggie

Maggie Guest

I am new to cruising and am getting ready to go on my first cruise with my family. None of us has cruised before. My sister-in-law and I are extremely excited. I find myself scouring the internet for every piece of information I can get. Am I an addict already? I haven't even gone yet? When I found this web site, I was so glad to see that I was not the only person who is totally engrossed by my upcoming cruise!!!! My family all think I'm nuts. We are sailing out of Miami on 8/25 on the Majesty of the Seas to Nassau, Cococay and Key West. We are on the 9th Level, 9054 and 9056, Category D Cabins. I know from reading that on a whole these cabins are like shoeboxes, so I have been preparing the family for the size even though it will still probably be a shock. Are these much larger than the other levels below? I s there a sofa, safe, refrigerator? How about ship movement up this high, will we feel much? So many questions and my countdown has begun at only 11 days to go, YIPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got any advise anyone??? Maggie

2. I have only been on Radiance of the Seas but just wanted to tell you how much we loved Royal Caribbean! I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise regardless of cabin size. Congratulations on booking your first of what will hopefully be many cruises!!!

3. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Kudos to you Chris,

Your my only response on what I thought was a great chat room. I'm very excited and am glad to hear that RC is a great cruise line to go on. Thanks again for the Hello!!
    10 days and countin.........................Maggie!!

4. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Can't help with the Majesty. Congrats on your first cruise! :dance :dance

5. Dick & Linda

Dick & Linda Guest

Been on 6 Royal Caribbean cruises. None on the Majesty. The size of the rooms vary but not by much (unless you get the top couple of categories). If you are going to have a great cruise, you won't send much time in your stateroom. Sleep, clean-up, and change clothes is about all you will do in your room (there was one other thing but can't think of it right now!). Hope the weather is good because the cruises are always good. Happy cruisin'.

6. herb

herb Guest

We sailed on the Majesty of the Seas in 1995. It was a beautiful 7 day Western Caribbean cruise. The cabins were small but very tastefully decorated. All the public rooms were beautiful and the lobby was really nice,especially the glass elevators. You'll have a great time.
    herb

7. Connie Cebee

Connie Cebee Guest

We were on the Majesty 8/5 the 4 day cruise. Our cabin was on deck 10 in the center of the ship. We did not feel any motion. The Majesty is a very nice ship, I'm sure you and the family will have a great time.

Connie

8. Maggie

Maggie Guest

Thanks for the info everyone!! Sailingrose, 18 cruises...........WOW!! I'm so jealous, and with two more to go. That's great!

A question......The Cocktail card.......I've read that it only covers certain bottom shelf alcoholic drinks, wines and domestic beers and that the drink sizes are actually smaller than if you bought them outright.

I was interested in Dakquiries, Mai Tais, etc... are these types of drinks included? You know all the little umbrella type drinks? How tourist? I know, I don't care, I'm a tourist!! Anyway, does anyone know about the drinks included??

Maggie

9. Little Irene

Little Irene Guest

Hi Maggie,

I don't believe the "umbrella drinks" are included. These are cocktails...go to RCCL's website under Frequently Asked Questions and it gives you details about all the different drink card programs they have.

By the way, Majesty in 1996 for our honeymoon....she is beautiful!! No worries there and you won't feel a thing, regardless of where you are... Have fun!

We're off on the Voyager next week....all 11 of us...my family's first cruise last year with us and now they are addicted and are going again this year with us... so you will have a great time with your own family.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

Congrats on your upcoming cruise. Majesty was my first cruise on RCI and we fell in love with RCI on that cruise. The ship is beautiful and the service is outstanding. Be sure to participate in MajestyQuest....it is hilarious!

11. LjeanBrown

LjeanBrown Guest

Congrats and :cheers on your first cruise. We have sailed on the Majesty twice. The first time was in 1995, we were married onboard and sailed off for our honeymoon. We had a suite on deck 10 cabin #1510. It is right behind the bridge, you can't get to much more forward or higher and we were not bothered by the motion at all. The second time was April last year and we took our family. We booked connecting cabins on deck 4. Way smaller cabin than the first time,but still no motion problems. The ship is still beautiful and you will have a great time . One of our favorite spots to relax is the Schooner bar, great location and outside views. Have a wonderful cruise :wave

Laurie :candle

12. Pilgrim Pete

Pilgrim Pete Guest

Maggie, you will be grateful that you chose the larger 'D' cat cabin over the standard outside cabins on lower decks. We had that cabin on our first cruise on the sister ship, Sovereign of the Seas and it was and that was for four of us including our two teens, yes a squeeze but we managed for four days on a similar itinerary to yours. I think you have made a good choise for a first cruise. ENJOY

13. Karen

Karen Guest

Have a great time Maggie. We are also booked but for 9 Sep on the same cruise. I took a Cat D as well because it is supposed to be somewhat bigger than the other OV cabins. So we'll see. No matter - you're in the bahamas - not at work or home taking care of stuff!

who cares!