Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Excursion recommendations for 9 & 12 year old boys - W Caribbean on Carnival Legend

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by justcruisin', Dec 27, 2011.

1. justcruisin'

justcruisin' Active Member

We are cruising on the Carnival legend in February and bringing our 9 and 12 year old boys. Ports of Call are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. I've listed below a couple things we definitely want to do. We're looking for recommendations on which is best to do where and if you have a specific excursion you've used we'd love to hear it. We really don't want to spend much more than an hour on a jeep/bus getting us to any excursions. Also - we will probably book through the ship for peace of mind reasons.

1. Snorkel - Boys have never done it so need something good for beginners
    2. All-Inclusive Beach
    3. Zip Lining
    4. Shopping

Thanks in advance for the reply!

2. crazy4disney

crazy4disney Active Member

Re: Excursion recommendations for 9 & 12 year old boys - W Caribbean on Carnival Lege

Hi! We did the same ports last cruise, and are doing them again in February. And Cozumel we've done several times.

For Cozumel, I can't imagine us not spending the day at Paradise Beach! Gorgeous surroundings, awesome attentive staff, great food, beautiful heated pool, and all the fun and huge inflatables for the kids. My son (now almost 16) has had an awesome time every visit, and I get to lie there in a lounger like a slug. We're both happy. You can visit their website at http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/. We can't wait to be back there!!

Roatan has some of the best snorkeling and diving anywhere, since the world's second-largest reef encircles the island. Unfortunately for us on our last visit the winds were just too high and we would have been diced to bits if we tried to snorkle... But this time we're spending the day at Maya Key through a ship excursion (Royal Caribbean, but I know Carnival offers it as well) and everyone says the snorkeling there is wonderful. I like that you can snorkel right off their pier, and don't have to take a boat anywhere. Also, because Maya Key is so close to where the ships dock (although I'm not sure where Carnival docks), you're there in minutes via water taxi instead of a long bus ride.

Belize is known for cave tubing and zip lining, and I usually spend that day enjoying a nice empty ship. :)

I do minimal shopping at the ports except for vanilla and pottery at Los Cinco Soles in Cozumel, so I can't really comment on that.

Hope this helps some!

-gina-