Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Favorite Cabin on Princess and Why

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by MrsT, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

Since I have only been on one Princess cruise it would have to be E-303 on Grand Princess. It is a partially obstructed view cabin which is wheelchair accessable. We were upgraded last minute from an inside cabin so the partial obstruction didn't bother us one bit. The wheelhouse of the lifeboat was not in front of our window so we could look straignt out over the top of the boat. Because of the wheelchair access the cabin was HUGE. Almost twice the size of regular cabins.

2. Kathy

Kathy Guest

We prefer a midship balcony on Caribe Deck. We like the 1/2 covered 1/2 open balcony and they are really large. We're booked on the Island Princess on Oct. 21st and are in C620. It's aft not midship but it's a wheelchair accessible room so it's HUGE compared to a normal cabin so were excited to try something different.

Kathy

3. Wyn

Wyn Guest

I agree on the large windows on the Sun Princess. Back in 2005 we were scheduled to sail for ten days in two inside cabins. A few days before leaving, our TA said that Princess had offered to upgrade us both to OV cabins near the front of the ship. When I looked at the deck plans and saw how forward they were, I asked if there were any OVs available nearer the midship or aft. We were given D717 and D723 on the Dolphin Deck. When we boarded the ship and walked down the halls I saw into several of the other cabins. The windows were small and ours were so large. Luck of the draw! It was a terrific upgrade for us.

4. Aloha - A422 Emerald Princess - small balcony
    Caribe - C422 Caribbean Princess - larger balcony (preferred this one even though its a lower deck)
    We liked the above cabins because they are close to the panoramic lifts and most amenities.

Dolphin - D318 Sea Princess - outside - was ok but wouldn't do that again unless desperate as a balcony is definitely preferrable!

We're not bothered about suites as they seem pointless - even if you can easily afford them (unless you get a free upgrade of course :) )!!

5. Aloha - A422 Emerald Princess - small balcony
    Caribe - C422 Caribbean Princess - larger balcony (preferred this one even though its a lower deck)
    We liked them because they are close to the panoramic lifts and most amenities.

Dolphin - D318 Sea Princess - outside - was ok but wouldn't do that again unless desperate as a balcony is definitely preferrable!

We're not bothered about suites as they seem pointless - even if you can easily afford them (unless you get a free upgrade of course :) )!!

6. JacquieB2

JacquieB2 Guest

Has to be th Monte Carlo suite C415 on the Diamond Princess - lovely suite, Jaccuzi bath, 2 tv's - heaven on earth!!

7. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

My favorite was the two adjoining 4 guest cabins down the hall from us. The ones the Swedish Bikini Team was staying in!!!!

8. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

I am telling Sunflower about this and then watch the beatings begin!!!

Our favorite is any "AD" mini-suite on Emerald Deck on the Grand Class ships. Big room, large bathroom and tub but best of all the only mini-suites with fully covered balconies!!!

9. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

we are going to watch Sunflower Star beat Calgon too..:grin..

and it's a sure-fire bet we like Aft Balconies on the "Sisters" being Caribbean, Crown,Emerald and Ruby Princess's.
    at present; we have 2 sets of Back to Backs ..booked on the Aft- Baja 755.having had it for 20 days this last February ...and have come to regard it as *OURS*..it's the only one we book now..:dizzy..Good luck with research.....:)...Joanne

10. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

You guys are out of luck. SunFlower doesn't beat me (anymore). She decided long ago that I'm a lost cause and she's given up all attempts at reformation ......

11. Corky

Corky Guest

She needs to start again. :D

12. cyncat

cyncat New Member

Hi Kathy,

we are booked in C620 next month. Did you like it? thanks.

Cynthia

13. S&M in Pgh

S&M in Pgh Well-Known Member

We have had C304 on the Grand twice. Grantes its a disabled cabin, but its a great mid ship loation and the Caribe deck big balcony can't be beat.

We also like the James Cook suite that is down the hall from C304. We have a little chuckle each time we pass it. A good friend of ours is named Jim Cook. Oddly enough the grumpy guy who answered the door was not Jim.

Mike

14. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

I have to say the cabin I have while cruising. I do not care as long as I am cruising