Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Favorite part of a cruise .....

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by jester95008, Oct 25, 2004.

1. MarkB

MarkB Guest

My favorite part was standing on the deck at the rear of the ship,with drink in hand while departing from the bay/canal& watching the coast disappear into the distance,turn around & the breeze blows into the face,head to the main pool & hearing the carribean sounds of the band,yeah,,,,,,,,,that tells me we're in for a wonderful week,,ahhhhhhhhh,,,man I can't wait til next May,,,Mark

2. harley2004

harley2004 Guest

Thank you...jason giles.... happy cruising!!!!

3. kujobie

kujobie Guest

Right after boarding, we go straight to the lido bar, get a miami vice, reggae music playing, knowing you got the whole week ahead to party down, gives me chills just thinkin' about it.. That's what I'm talkin' about.

4. ladycaveat

ladycaveat Guest

The favorite part of a cruise for me is driving up to the dock and seeing that great big beautiful ship and knowing that I'm going to spending the next week or more aboard her. It actually gives me butterflies!

5. tw1nk1es

tw1nk1es Guest

My favorite is waking up in a new port!

6. Calvin

Calvin Guest

What I like the most is that I can enjoy my vices...eating like a pig, drinking, gambling, and watching shows with little to no down time.

7. RosieRosie

RosieRosie Guest

I enjoy the dining experience; I like meeting tablemates, checking out the menues, trying favorite dishes, having attentive waiters serve me. I look forward to the dinner conversation. This is just a small part of the cruise experience, but on almost all of our cruises our tablemates have been terrific.

8. pnorth

pnorth Guest

sea days hanging out at the pool and the slide, drink in hand, and listening to the music

9. markboud

markboud Guest

I hope this makes sense, but...

MY most important mission is to "become" the age of my children... I try to take on the wonder, vision and magic of my kids...

when I'm with my 14 yo, I'm 14, my 8, I'm 8, my 11, I'm 11. You get the picture. I find that when I get down (or when you really think about it, "UP") to their level, that's when vacations go from "good" to "Blessed!"

Also, my bride of 17 years and I have a "weakest link" philosophy when it comes to vacations... whenever one of the kids is "done," we try not to do any fussin' or fightin,' we just pack it in and she or I just hang with the tired one without making that kid feel guilty, like "chillin' was our idea after all!

When they are happy and feel "free," we feel the same way.

I always miss my wife and kids after a vacation because it reminds me how much I love them, and my wife and I can re-capture and hang out with our "inner child!"
    We leave in less than 2 weeks and I'm about to bust!
    mb

10. RATBOY7223

RATBOY7223 Guest

my favorite part is THE FOOD... I love to try new food and sample everything! I also love the idea of doing absolutely nothing on the ship.... just relaxing & being pampered...