• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fax from HAL on price protection

J

JeanMarie

"Holland America's Price Protection Policy: Designed to assure early bookers that they receive the best value,these new policies are effective for sailings July 1st,2002,and beyond,and replace all past policies.

To be eligible for price protection,the original reservation must be at Holland America's Early Savings,Mariner Savings,or Mariner Recognition fares.
The promotion with the new lower rate must apply to the same stateroom category as the original booking.The passenger must meet all other conditions applicable to the new rate.

FOR CHANGES REQUESTED OUTSIDE OF THE FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE[generally,but not always,75 days prior to sailing]:
* Provided the above conditions are met,upon request,the fare will be adjusted.

*Stateroom assignment and dining preferences will be retained.

*Those who have purchased CPP or CPP/P will retain the CPP or CPP/P policy and benefits.

FOR CHANGES REQUESTED WITHIN THE FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE[generally,but not always,75 days prior to sailing]:

*Provided the above conditions are met and the new gross cruise-only fare,including port charges/non discountables,is at least 10% less than the original fare paid,upon request,the fare will be adjusted to the lower amount.

Holland America's Price Protction Policy does not apply to "Flat Rate"promotions offering "run of the ship"rates in V,W,X,Y,Z categories.To take advantage of V-Z category offers,re-booking is required."

K

KimberleyFLA

I had a Cat B (lowest balcony category), HAL then ran a special on Cat V (balcony guarentee) for over $300 less than what I paid.

My TA had to haggle with them for 3 hours to get them to give us the reduction. Later it went down $100 more, but I didn't even bother to contact my TA and take up so much of her time for that amount.

This so called "new" policy will still not guarentee lower prices to early bookers. They will just run their 'fill the ship' specials in cats v-z which only open when they are trying to fill the ship after the penalty period.

This 'new' policy is fluff.

E

ev8876

I agree. That's exactly what they have just done on our Christmas cruise on the Veendam. Its makes me mad!