Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Finally......cabin assignment

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by DougH, May 2, 2001.

1. DougH

DougH Guest

Well I finally got my cabin assignment and am in the same cabin for both segments of the trip. Was hoping I didn't have to change for the second week and I don't. I'm in an outside on "A" deck midship so seems like a decent spot but I really had no preference as long as I was on the ship.
    Talked to a girl at Kenai Fjords tours in Seward today about one of their tours and she confirmed the weather report I found on the Internet........light snow and 32 degrees there today! Could be an interesting trip, I'm taking one more small suitcase than I usually do to carry more warm clothes.

Fly out in a little over 48 hours, major packing tonite :)

Doug

2. PEB

PEB Guest

Doug 32 degrees and snow is weather for wearing shorts for me LOL.

3. Princess Pat

Princess Pat Guest

Have a wonderful time, Doug. Someone on this board will bring up a topic that'll warm you up when you return. Seriously, you're lucky you can accommodate an additional suitcase. By the time I pack, I consider it a success if I can add just a jacket.

Smooth Sailing,

Pat

4. DougH

DougH Guest

Normally I only take one large hardsided suitcase for clothes, a carry-on for misc goodies and my camera bag. The combination of two weeks and the cold weather
    forced the additional bag. Guess I'm still traveling light compared to most people.
    :)

Doug

5. April

April Guest

Watch out for icebergs--lol have a wonderful back to back cruise experiance- may this be the 1st of many.
    Cheers
    April

6. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Maybe it will warm up by the time you get there? (an eternal optimist!) Hope you have a great time and find lots of things to warm you up!

7. Suez

Suez Guest

I, for one, am anxious to hear all about your cruise. Alaska is wonderful!!! I want to go back!!

Have a grand time!

Suez

8. TAO

TAO Guest

Have a wonderful trip. Alaska is on my wish list. I also would like to know how back to back works. Do you have to get off the ship and resign in or what?
    Theresa

9. maw

maw Guest

Have a good trip!

I am looking forward to hearing all about your back to backs to Alaska. I am going for first time in Sept.

10. Heatherbc

Heatherbc Guest

Hi Doug,
    Glad you finally got your cabin assignment and that you will be able to keep the same cabin for the whole trip.
    Your cabin assignment here has been all set for days now !! And you get to stay in the same one for the whole night !!!
    Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. You won't be able to miss me in our airport................not very big !!

11. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Hey Doug, pack those long johns and extra woolies. Sounds like you're going to need them lol. That's great that you don't have to change cabins. Have a wonderful time.
    Lyn

12. Audrey

Audrey Guest

I hope you have a wonderful trip we made our final payment today and the TA emailed that we saved another $900 that really made us happy. Well I have only 64 days to go till ALASKA. Time is beginning to move faster now. I can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

13. live wire

live wire Guest

oh no...... I'm from Buffalo and although I here Alaska is beautiful, I've seen enough snow to last a lifetime. Give me the Caribbean anyday. lol We're cruising the Mediterranean in August...talk about hot hot hot! I hate to rush our summer out of here but...I cannot wait!