Such a long day yesterday. What we learned is that DH has B-Cell lymphoma throughout (not 100%) but most all of his lymph nodes but it has NOT made it into the bone marrow or any major organs yet. However, Pet Scan showed numerous "hot" spots throughout his entire body. Dr has already been consulting with Mayo on this & the consensus is that all this time this has ben there but for some reason was just bubbling under the service & just didn't test out as lymphoma. As many of you probably know, this is considered a very treatable cancer. Dr had said prior to pet scan at least stage 3 & probably stage 4 but at this time is keeping us at stage 3. However, the extremely severe Crohn's definately complicates things so we are walking a tightrope here. Dr took a very long time with us yesterday & took a great deal of the guilt I was carrying about not stopping DH immune suppressing drugs during that 2 mo wait & see period. First of all, they did the needle biopsy (not recomended for detecting lymphoma) because due to the location of the mass at that time, it would have involved some real surgery to reach the spot & with no immune system, we were told a yr ago that if he had surgery he would have a more difficult time healing & would be more susceptable to infection & considering all the areas in the past that have looked like cancer but tested out negative they went with a computer guided needle biospy rather than surgery. And NO they would not recommend taking the 2 drugs in question if you have cancer, but the dr says because of so many months of those treatments his body's immune system was already so depleted that the fact that we did continue with them when in fact it was a cancer DID make some difference in the progression but NOT a major difference. He asked how the drugs had worked for the Crohn's & we said it had been amazing for his Crohn's health. Then he asked how the Crohn's is now that we have been off of those meds for just 2+ wks & DH had to say that many of the old symptoms are already back. So, as was pointed out to us, we had no GOOD choices to choose from. It helped me so much as I felt I had done DH so much harm by continuing those drugs for that 2 mo. As far as treatment, it starts Monday. The question will be how the treatment affects the Crohn's. Most people starting on chemo get one mega shot of something but because of the Crohn's he has to go in 10 days in a row (including Sat/Sun) & get an injection in his stomach! As you can imagine, my big guy that freaks at the thought of needles is REALLY freaking about this as he thought that having the port put in on Thurs took care of ALL needle sticks. The plan is for approx 5 mo of treatment with a Pet Scan every 2 mo; the main thing we have to watch for right now is internal bleeding from his Crohn's. And people I don"t know why, but I'm thinking it has to be all of the prayers that people have sent out, after wks of DH being sooo sick that he could barely get out of bed & the loss of about 33 lbs he has suddenly begun to feel a little better--not good by any means but also not feeling like he is at death's door. He is extremely pale but that awful gray color he had is gone & for the last 3 days he has been able to EAT solid food!!! Although retired police, he still worked for the city in animal control chasing the 4 legged dogs instead of the 2 legged ones but that is now over. Dr says he cannot work with animals due to the risk of infection (probably shouldn't have been before now) & said to make sure all of our pets were immunized. So many people have said we should go to Mayo especially due to his complications of having the Crohn's but at this time we feel very confident with this dr & we were quite surprised that he had already consulted with Mayo before our appoint. And, although we had a scheduled appoint for Fri, his office called Wed & wanted to change it because dr was not going to be in on Fri. But due to tests/port he had scheduled for us we couldn't come in any earlier this wk so he came in on Fri just for us. Are we still stressed? Absolutely, but who isn't when facing cancer. However, it is a relief that after nearly 18 mo we finally know what we are dealing with & we are at last getting treatment. And thank God that after several wks of being sooo sick these last 3 days, without any treatment, he has begun to feel a little better & get some food into him. A big thank you to each and everyone of you for your thoughts and kind words. I've received so many PM's offering support. We've got a long road ahead of us & with this Crohn's I'm certain we will face our share of bumps along the way. I've been with this man for almost 35yrs now & although I don't believe the word "cure" is in our future, I told him we will learn to LIVE with it just as we have with the Crohn's which was diagnosed a short 3 mo after our wedding. I told him when we go into remission it will undoubtdely rare its ugly head again but just like the Crohn's we will beat it back down as we have so many times over the yrs. Again I thank you so much for your support. I know there are many of you out there facing your own battles & I have been MIA these last couple of wks but I'm back now & all of you have never been far from my mind.