Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

First Cruise POLL-What was yours?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Toto, Jan 21, 2002.

1. reese

reese Guest

<HTML>My first cruise was on the old Homes Lines Oceanic, in the early 1970's. From NYC to Nassau.
    The Oceanic was later sold to Premier and renamed the Star Ship Oceanic, and then the Big Red Boat.</HTML>

2. Stingray

Stingray Guest

<HTML>Norwegian Seaward ,Now NCL Sea, in October 1990.

Stingray</HTML>

3. PEB

PEB Guest

<HTML>1991 SS Independence sailing around Hawaii for a full eclipse.</HTML>

4. naewhite

naewhite Guest

<HTML>The NCL Skyward 1985.....my sister and I celebrating our college graduation...time of our life!</HTML>

5. Bfox

Bfox Guest

<HTML>Explorer of the Seas 9-9-2001was our lst and loved it!! Just booked last week Legand of the Seas , in August with my parents for their lst.</HTML>

6. BruinSteve

BruinSteve Guest

<HTML>March, 1989...
    Now defunct Premier Crouise Line's Big Red Boat Atlantic...
    Canaveral to the Bahamas on a Disney Cruise package for my daughter Heather's 5th Birthday...
    Heather turns 18 on March 18th...</HTML>

7. Aliciask

Aliciask Guest

<HTML>I just looked over my old scrapbook from my first cruise!
    Canivals Tropicale May 1984
    I remember we had an add on at Disneyland and wandered
    around the most fun place on Earth wishing we were back on
    the ship!

Alicia
    Sea Princess 2/9/02</HTML>

8. paulfredo

paulfredo Guest

<HTML>NY to Bermuda on Celebrity Zenith, 2001

paulfredo</HTML>

9. carkosh

carkosh Guest

<HTML>Believe it or not....Sea Goddess II in 1986. They were doing a promotional cruise in the Caribbean & every cabin was half off. Somehow my brother got a letter about it & my husband saw the letter so we were on!! It was a wonderful (needless to say!! lol) first cruise & we were sold. Some friends asked us to go with them on the Norway the next year, We were a little nervous about a large ship because we were so spoiled on Sea Goddess but we went anyway. Of course we loved that cruise too so we were hooked & are still hooked after 16 more cruises....luxury to mega ships, doesn't matter, we LOVE them all!! Next cruise...3/17 on the Grand....can't wait!!

Carol</HTML>

10. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

<HTML>My love affair with ships began with crossings to/from Hawaii aboard the Lurline in 1950...and a lovely stay in Honolulu in between crossings when about the only buildings on Waikiki Beach were the Moana Hotel at one end, the Royal Hawaiian Hotel and the old (before total refurbishment) Halekulani Hotel at the other end.</HTML>

11. Squeeky

Squeeky Guest

<HTML>Just a quick notation, Looks like Cruz'nCarol was the earliest sailor in 1970, from Liverpool to Montreal. The locks must have just opened in Montreal not too soon before.
    Has cruising changed much in over 30 years Carol?</HTML>

12. Kay carter

Kay carter Guest

<HTML>The Mercury, April 5, 1998. The wextern Carribean.</HTML>

13. Cricket

Cricket Guest

<HTML>Great question Toto!

Our first cruise we ever went on is also the last cruise we have been on. I t was the Olympia in 1976, and she is now called the Regal Empress . We just got off of her this past November. This last cruise on her was also the first cruise I have ever gotten seasick on! We have been on 17 cruises since the first.</HTML>

14. Jan Z.

Jan Z. Guest

<HTML>Ours was in November, 2001,Century....Loved it!! Planning another!!</HTML>

15. Marion Paris

Marion Paris Guest

<HTML>
    Get out my wheel chair! :bounce

1963..........Queen of Bermuda to Bermuda. I was 18 and had wander lust even back then. My first real vacation.........still haven't had enough.......great memories and a grand old lady she was!

Thanks</HTML>

16. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

<HTML>Squeeky - check the post just above yours for what appears to be the earliest. ;)</HTML>

17. Catherine

Catherine Guest

<HTML>RCCL's Splendour of the Seas, 10 night Circle the Caribbean, March 2000, 2nd cruise coming up in 33 days, Vision of the Seas, 11 night Hawaii/Ensenada!</HTML>

18. Greg

Greg Guest

<HTML>Our first was in 1996 on the Nordic Empress for our 20th anniversary, an Eastern Caribbean itinerary! Hoping to book #4 for 2002!
    Greg</HTML>

19. sailinsal

sailinsal Guest

<HTML>The SITMAR LINE.........Fairsea.................................a 10 day Caribean,,,,,,the eastern tour all the way to Barbados...................was for our 25th Anniversay taking our 2 children in their 20's............was the best cruise ever.............the lst and there were many, many more perks in the cruise than there is now.............but we just did our 14th last summer to the Baltic and it was fabulous on the Princess Crown. Have not decided where to go next..............have money we put down on a cruse on the ship which we must use within in 3 years.................of course, we will....................</HTML>

20. watergirl

watergirl Guest

<HTML>November 2000, a southern caribbean on the Galaxy. We had the time of our lives.
    Can't believe we waited so long to start cruising. Guess that means we'll have to make up for lost time!!

Jeanie</HTML>