Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

First Cruise POLL-What was yours?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Toto, Jan 21, 2002.

1. SeaFan

SeaFan Guest

<HTML>NCL Seaward is responsible for starting our addiction. First sailing May 1993 for our first year anniversary, number 8 is only 9 days away.</HTML>

2. Ali

Ali Guest

<HTML>It was Admiral Cruise Lines "Emerald Seas" back in October of 1990 that did it for me. Who would have thought 12 years later and 19 cruises under my belt I would still enjoy it as much as I did then.....I'm @ddicted!!!!</HTML>

3. Sandy

Sandy Guest

<HTML>RCCL - Song of America.....I think it was 1984. We had a wonderful time...will always be one of our best cruises!</HTML>

4. Linda

Linda Guest

<HTML>First cruise was in June, 1991 abord the RCI Nordic Prince from New York to Bermuda - 7 days. We were mesmerized and loved the ship, at that time. Now the ship has been sold or retired (can't remember which) and it seems small in comparison to others more recent. There were 4 of us and we have never had so much fun!! We were addicted from the first hour on the ship and thought that ship was a floating paradise.

Nice to relive those memories!!

Happy Cruising!
    Linda
    :usa</HTML>

5. <HTML>Drat, I was just about to claim the earliest when I saw Shipmaven's posting from 1950. If trans Atlantic crossings count, I was on the original Maasdam (HAL) in October 1952, arrived New York on the 28th after a nine day crossing. It was supposed to have taken 7 days but we ran into a huge storm and I loved every minute of it, dining room was deserted and I ate like a horse.

The ship was plunging so much that the stern would lift clear out of the water and I wrapped my arms around the rail and watched the propellors spinning!! Needless to say, I am a blue water sailor.

I should add that the ship was only 20,000+ tons, not the QE2 !!</HTML>

6. Squeeky

Squeeky Guest

<HTML>Wow 1950 The year I was born lol, This is really interesting, thank you Toto for the super question!</HTML>

7. Toby

Toby Guest

<HTML>First cruise I am being a little liberal here was in 1955 when I was three years old and my family sailed from England to Singapore on a ship called the Oxfordshire. Then in 1958, now I am 6 years old, we sailed from Liverpool to Karachi on an Anchor Line ship called the RMS Caledonia. Then we move on to the 90's my wife and I sailed on the Majesty of the Seas, not too sure of the year but the ship had just turned 6 months old. Have been on three more since and now waiting 'till next year for the Dawn Princess 10 night Caribean
    Clive</HTML>

8. jsy

jsy Guest

<HTML>Our first cruise was on Song of America (RCCL) in 1995.</HTML>

9. herb

herb Guest

<HTML>Mine was Transatlantic:

New York to Bremerhaven, Germany on the T.S. Bremen summer of 1967

herb</HTML>

10. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

<HTML>Celebrity Century 1996</HTML>

11. red stripe

red stripe Guest

<HTML>bOB... anything worth doing, is worth doing twice :lol</HTML>

12. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

<HTML>Wow, I got on this post really late! Anyway, my first cruise was aboard the NCL Sunward II in early September, 1978. It was a 4 day Bahamas cruise stopping in Nassau, Freeport, and NCL's private island. We thought the ship was huge at the time. She is now called the Titan and is only about 330 ft long, 16,000 GT. My how things have changed!</HTML>

13. red stripe

red stripe Guest

<HTML>
    <b.<font color = red>Wait! It all comes back to me now, and I get the prize... what prize???... For the earliest sailing...
    It was on a cruise line called "Noel’s Ark"...... I remember it as if it were yesterday... this guy with a long white beard came up to me and said.... "PSSSSS wanna book a cruise? This is the maiden voyage...
    you snooze... you lose... as the whole place is due for a wash job.....
    So I was real tired of eating grapes and drinking wine... I said, why not, what have I got to lose???
    But do I have an inside or an outside cabin?"
    He said... "Hi, my name is Noah, and do I have a deal for you.... for just three bottles of real good wine, and that female goat... I can put you up in a cabin with Mr. and Mrs. Elephant.....
    This is your lucky day, because of their size... they have the largest cabin."
    I said... "Book it!"
    My arms are still aching; my nose is still in shock!!! I have never shoveled out so much do-do in all my life! And the smell!!! It will singe your nasal hair!

And when they blow!!! It will lift your skirt right over your head: :grin.....
    Never stand behind an Elephant!!!

This cruise lasted 40 days and 40 nights. Even Noah was getting edgy... he finally sent up a bird..... (Pigeon post)

We were ecstatic when it came back with a twig in its beak… and a bag of McDonalds tucked under its wing……

The only thing good about that cruise… My bar bill was real small… could never get close to it for all those guys in tuxes…[/b]</font></HTML>

14. Gail

Gail Guest

<HTML>Carnival Ecstacy --December 1990 --Western Caribbean.</HTML>

15. Gail

Gail Guest

<HTML>Carnival Ecstacy --December 1991 --Western Caribbean.</HTML>

16. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Guest

<HTML>British India line, the SS Uganda, a school cruise in 1968 to the Western Med from Southampton.
    I was only sweet 16!

Cinnamon :kitten</HTML>

17. Hucc

Hucc Guest

<HTML>Norwegian Majesty, September 1998, Boston - Bermuda</HTML>

18. Sgrane

Sgrane Guest

<HTML>Norway, May 1992, Miami to Eastern Carib and back. @ddicted before we even left for Miami!</HTML>

19. Bibb

Bibb Guest

<HTML>NCL's Southward in 1986. Seven day cruise out of Miami and visiting Porta Plata, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Nassau. Great little ship.</HTML>

20. DonnaR

DonnaR Guest

<HTML>In '96 I was engaged and a cruise was supposed to be our honeymoon. I broke off the engagement, but, decided I wanted to go on a cruise anyway. I went alone on the Nordic Empress in the Bahamas and was hooked!</HTML>