FLL Hotels / Sightseeing

M

MD

We'll be sailing on the Grand in March. We have a choicre of the staying at the Westin through Princess by the pier. In this instance, the transfers from the airport and to the Grand are looked after. Or we can stay at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper (or similar hotels) by the beach and look after our own transfers. As my wife booked the cruise and I booked the air separately, I've also booked a day's car rental (thinking that we needed it) by using reward points, which I cannot cancel.

So my question is: is it better to stay at the Westin and forgo the car (already paid for by points) or to stay at the beach and have the car. The hassle is that we'd have to return the car to Alamo at their airport location. Any suggestions?

Also when when return from the cruise we have until 5pm to catch our flight. Is it worth it to take a land tour? If so, do we have enough time?

Thanks,

MD

ps. restaurants for a family of 3...Any recommendations?

B

BurBunny

You might want to double-check the location of the Westin. I believe the one Princess uses is the Westin Cypress Creek which is definitely not right by the pier. It's inland and north a bit in the business center near the executive airport.

The hassle factor for the car rental isn't too bad. You can drop off your family and luggage at the pier, drive to the airport (less than 10 minutes away), and then Alamo will shuttle you right back to the pier. I don't think I'd decide which hotel on that factor.

Look at where you want to be, how long you're going to be there, and what you want to do. Pick your hotel location on that, then decide about the car at that point.

N

Nanatravel

I too am looking for hotel space in FLL. I also disagree that the Westin is near the pier. Unless they recently took over an already existing hotel, they are not close to the pier. Major hotels in that area are: Hyatt 66, Marriott Marina, Renaissance (newest one), Emabassy Suites, Amerisuites and Best Western. Those are also in what I would consider comparable order vs. a Westin property. Let me know if you find out information contrary to what I know. I would contact the hotel directly and ask how many miles are they from the port. All hotels mentioned above are withing approximately one mile, near or off of 17th Street.

B

Barnacle Bill

On our last cruiseon the Ocean princess my mother in-law stayed at the Westin. It is not close to the pier. She loved the hotel but it was a pain getting there and then to the ship the next day.l

B

BOBBI

there is a nice Marriott/(Springhill Suites?)in Dania that is very close to airport and pier and they have shuttle for both.

K

Kevin MacBride

I HAVE GO TO FLL 14 TIMES ON A CRUISE AND WE HAVE BEEN AT THE BEST WESTERN MARINA INN AND YACHT HARBAR THE ROOMS ARE BIG THE FOOD IS GOOD THER IS A FREE SHUTTLE FROM THE AIR PORT TO THE HOTIAL AND A FREE RIDE FROM THE HOTIAL TO THE SEAS PORT WITCH CAN SEE FROM THE BEST WESTERN TO FIND OUT MORE A BUT THE BESTWEWSTERN IN FLL LOG ON TO WWW.BESTWESTERN.COM WITCH YOU WILL BE ABAL TO FIND OUT PHOTOS OAND INFO A BUT THE INN. HAVE A GRTAE CRUISE FROM FLL