• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FLL restaurant you recommend ?

P

pinky

What restaurant would you recommend for a Saturday night pre-cruise dinner ? We love seafood and steak or italian, and are looking for something with a nice view/ambience. We would have to take a taxi to it. Thanks in advance!
We are staying at a B&B called Montfiallo in FLL, supposed to be two miles to Port Everglades.

S

Spender Nui

You might try Burt & Jack's. It is in the cruise port. The ships are tied up right there. You'll be able to watch the parade of ships going out to sea right at your window while you enjoy your dinner.

B

BurBunny

Unfortunately, Burt & Jacks has closed down, with no new ownership in sight. Post-911, too many people just didn't want to go through the port security hassle to get there, so they just couldn't survive.

For seafood, I recommend 15th Street Fisheries, or Bimini Boatyard.

S

Spender Nui

I too had heard Burt & Jack's closed but after hearing it found them to be open. This wasn't too long after 9/11.

I second the suggestion of 15th Street Fisheries. You won't see the cruise ships but you'll sure like the food.

H

Heatherbc

We are going to be in Ft. Lauderdale on the 25th of December.

Would any one know if the 15th St. Fisheries or Bimini Boatyard would be open then?

C

CMan

I live in Fort Lauderdale, what type of restaurant are you looking for and maybe I can help.

CMan

H

Heatherbc

CMan........Not really to fussy. Everytime down there we enjoy the Outback as we don't have them here. Did email them and do know they close on Christmas Day.

Doesn't have to be too fancy. Just a place to have a drink and think about the next days cruise ! :))

Thank you.

M

Mark Ericksen

I just called Burt and Jack's and got a recording stating that they closed on June 29 due to the increased Port security. The recording recommended the Jackson Steakhouse on 450 East Las Olas Blvd; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; 954-522-4450.

My wife and I cruised on the Celebrity Millennium last weekend, and Burt and Jack's occupied a fantastic location. We were looking down on the restaurant roof from the ship. I would have liked to dine there at some point.

I have been off the Millennium for one week, and I can't wait to do anothere cruise. What if I have become a cruise addict?

S

sail7seas

The Jack of Burt and Jack's....owns Jackson's Steakhouse on Los Olas Blved. It is excellent but very pricey. Beautiful, clubby atmosphere...excellent steaks and service.

We miss Burt and Jack's...it was such a great view from there....and good food.

Ruth's Chris is another excellent steakhouse in FLL...but you need a car if you are staying in a hotel near Port Everglades. A roundtrip taxi would be quite costly.

N

Nanatravel

Pinky, for a sunset view and before dinner drink, don't miss going to the rotating lounge at the top of the Hyatt 66 hotel. Be there before 6 p.m. as the view is so beautiful. The 360 degree rotation gives a birds eye view of the port and intercoastal waterway.
Bon Voyage

P

pinky

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions ! We are back from the cruise and loved it, of course !! We ended up eating at a small indoor/outdoor cafe named Casa Blanca. Very good people watching and it fronts to the Atlantic, which afforded a beautiful view during dinner. Also, when we got the bill we found out that since we were there before 6 pm for dinner, the food was two for the price of one entrees ! So, not only was thefood quite good, but the bill was reasonable too ! The bread they give you with a dipping sauce was out of this world :) It is on the main road (don't know name), but was alsonext to Shula's restaurant on the ocean at the Sheraton (?). Their prices were a joke (Who pays $32 for a steak ?) but we were very happy with Casa Blanca.

S

sail7seas

Actually, dinner at Shula's is pretty good....not great, but we have enjoyed it. It is, as you say, pricey and for those prices should be better.

D

Don Seaquist

Part of our attraction to FLL are ALL the restaurants along A1A. That is the road along the beach. What a wonderful place to have a drink/dinner/dance and people watch. I think most of them are between the 17th st. causeway and Las Olas.

If Margaritaville restaurant is still there, it is one of our favorite places to watch everyone watch you. Enjoy FLL.

J

jim morse

try HOPS on main strip before bridge on right across from the PUBLUX . try there beer sampler ,great beer and have a great cruise.