Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Flying into Ft Lauderdale vs Miami

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Tracy1396, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Tracy1396

Tracy1396 Guest

I was wondering how difficult is it to fly into Miami. I have always preferred Ft. Lauderdale but it looks like our plans have changed for our vacation next year and we are going to only be able to go on the cruise and not visit family like we had originally planned. So that means flying into Miami unless we fly into Ft Lauderdale and get a cab. Which would you do?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Jeana

Jeana Guest

Sometimes there is a huge price difference between flying to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. We just booked a flight and found out it was a lot cheaper to go out of Ft. Lauderdale, rather than Miami. The cruise ship will provide transfers to either airport. If money is no object, then I'd go with Miami since it's closer to the cruise dock. If you are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, fly there.

3. We have dong bot. went on EOS out of Ft Lauderdale last year and took southwest from houston for $426 not to bad i think. This year we went on NAVIGATOR of teh seas and went to MIA for $444 on A&A . it should not make that big of a deal in price

4. serene56

serene56 Guest

Flying into Miami would have cost us almost 125 pp more then when we flew into FLL. So the 6 of us flew into FLL and rented a stretch limo for 33 pp more. Still it saved us a little under 100. to go to FLL instead of Miami. Its a drive of about 45 minutes.

5. SusanCruizin

SusanCruizin Guest

I would fly into Ft. Lauderdale, much nicer airport, easier to navigate, no long walks from check in to gate. Baggage Claim is also easier and bags come fairly fast. Go outside baggage claim, look for Tri-County Express and ask them for a private car for $55 (need at least four people) or share a ride for $15 pp.

Its cheaper to fly into Ft. Lauderdale and a lot easier.

6. We fly into Ft. Lauderdale.....have transfers to the pier...took about 20 minutes and was easy as pie!!! Savings on flight is pretty substantial from where we are....and yep FLL is smaller and easy!!! Hope you try it...again the pier was a piece of cake!