Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Freedom of the Seas

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Lonpalm, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Lonpalm

Lonpalm Guest

Just wondering what everyone thought about the news on the Ultra Voyager ship Freedom of the Seas?

2. Roland

Roland Guest

What news, Christopher?

3. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Too big!!!!!!

4. Well since I haven't done the Voyager class just the Radiance....I would "skip" the Voyager and to the Ultra just because! Sure I would have a great time!

Lou

5. Searcher

Searcher Guest

Lisa Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Too big!!!!!!

Have to agree. Even the Voyager Class ships are to much for me but to each their own. ;)

6. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I've SAILED the voyager class ships and for the wife and I, way, way too big. My take is that, when I 'm on vacation, it's the crowds that I am trying to get away from. I will in fact sail on Freedom of the Seas just for the curiosity of it all, but when I sail RCCL it's going to be the.. Vision, or the Radiance class or for Carnival, It's the Spirit class

When I take sail on the FOS, I figure by the time I end my 3 week voyage, I would be very comfortable with finding my cabin! :grin

7. CruiseCouple

CruiseCouple Guest

I definately would like to try it out... Radiance was our largest so far and we had a great time. I really can't think of what else they could add to a voyager class ship. It will be interesting to find out.

8. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Too big for me. I've sailed Voyager class 3 times for my teenage daughter who loves them but I prefer Radiance class or Vision class ships.

9. bicker

bicker Guest

I felt Majesty of the Seas was way too small for my tastes, so I'd be very interested in seeing what a much larger ship has to offer.

10. JeffFwa

JeffFwa Guest

I've been on Voyager class twice and really enjoyed all the amenities that come with being on a large ship. I'm just curious to see what other amenities they come up with to put on a ship! I never would have thought ice rink, so clearly anything is possible.

11. kitten

kitten Guest

We're gonna need a "Lo-Jack" in order to find our cabins!:lol But since I'ma RCCL lover & fan, the bigger the better for moi! If I want to escape the crowd, I'll just head for my balconey. But when we sailed the EOS she was at full capacity and I didn't even "feel" crowded at the time. I plan on sailing the FOS.:thumb

12. overtyme100

overtyme100 Guest

I've been on the Adventure of the Seas and didn't feel that it was too big at all. I enjoyed the fact that there were over 3000 passengers, and it never felt crowded.
    The Ultra Voyager will have only 500 more passengers, but will have one more full deck and each deck will be about 100 feet longer. If you're a person that's worried about feeling crowded, you won't feel that way on this ship.

Class Passenger Capacity Length #Passenger Decks
    Radiance 2,501 962' 12 (decks2-13)
    Voyager 3,114 1020' 14 (decks 2-15)
    Ultra Voyager 3,600 1,112' 15 (assume decks 2-16)

13. Deb Mumaw

Deb Mumaw Guest

We love the big ships!!! Tried HAL's Maasdam, boring, boring, boring! Can't wait to try this new one. We are crusing in April 2005 and plan to book this one while onboard. Yippee!!

14. uuleret

uuleret Guest

I've been on EOS and MOS, will be going on AOS; so can't wait for the FOS. For me, its all about relaxing on a large resort at sea and meeting all the people. The bigger the better; the more the merrier. Cheers!

15. dalwhitt

dalwhitt Guest

I want to book Freedom of the Seas as soon as possible, but I have a small problem. I want to get the onboard credit for booking while on another RCCL ship. However, I'm sailing in January but can't book Frredom until April. Can I book another RCCL cruise while onboard, get the credit, change that reservation in April to Freedom and transfer the credit? Just asking.

16. uuleret

uuleret Guest

dalwhitt,
    I had booked onboard RCCL then changed my plans. I was told by the RCCL travel agent onboard, as long as I used the same Booking Number I would get my onboard credit. I heard her say the same thing to another couple too.

17. dalwhitt

dalwhitt Guest

uuleret, thanks for the info. Then that's what I'm going to do. Let Freedom Ring!

18. Mmketeer

Mmketeer Guest

Hi,

Ohhhh boy, I just saw the press release on RCCL.com for this and I am excited about it! I loved the Mariner and I know I would just love this one even more! Unfortunatly for me though it's next to impossiable for me to get away for 7 days. But, it looks like I might have to find away for this one like I did the Mariner. I wish RCCL we do a quicky or a cruise to nowhere like Carnival sometimes does with their ships.

I want to sail her!

Enchantment -sailng Dec. 16th, 2004
    Miracle-Nov., 5th, 2004
    Mariner,...inaugral Western sailing Nov., 2003
    Wonder...too manyy times to list
    Magic...inaugural sailing

Mmketeer

19. AJ coast

AJ coast Guest

Too bad Freedom wont be as wide as the voyager.

20. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

I'll try it. We went on the EOS mostly out of curiosity thinking it was so big & we would not like it. Turns out we loved it and we are going again & taking the whole family 12/12/04