Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Freeport Help?

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Jennlovestocruise, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Jennlovestocruise

Jennlovestocruise Active Member

So my cousin and I are going on the NCL Sky in April for a girls getaway. She is flying in from Montana and has never been to Florida or the Caribbean or ...well... anywhere! We don't have a lot of money but we know that Freeport requires some sort of an excursion to enjoy. Neither of us Snorkel and we are looking to spend about $40 each or less. Any ideas? Does anyone know of any companies with worthwhile excursions on land, not through the cruiseline?

2. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

We were on the Sky just a month ago. You're going to enjoy it! We just did a trip to the beach in Freeport (our first time there)

We went to the beach at Lucaya because we were afraid the water might be to cool for snorkeling and wanted to find out before we got to Nassau. A cheap taxi ride there. Across the street from the beach they had a cool marketplace and the Count Bassie Pavilion is just outside of a bar that made some great rum punch. The pavillion had a musician playing Caribbean music. No charge to hang out in the pavillion. We enjoyed it a lot. :beach:

If you're looking for organized excursions you might try this web site.

http://shoretrips.com/

3. Jennlovestocruise

Jennlovestocruise Active Member

Thanks Michael!
    I am so excited! What can you tell me about things to do on the ship?

4. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

An interesting web site.

5. zydecocruiser

zydecocruiser Well-Known Member