Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Galveston cruises

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Mag, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

When we fly in what is the closest airport and what is the cost to get to the port?

2. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

Houston Hobby is a little closer than Intercontinental but not by much. Go for the lowest airfare.

I have used Galveston Limousine Service in the past but I noticed their prices have gone up, still a good service.

GALVESTON LIMOUSINE SERVICE, INC. - Galveston, Texas

3. Al

Al Well-Known Member

Hobby is actually much closer (about 40 minutes away), while Intercontinental (Bush) is about 90 minutes from the port. The other kicker is the cost of getting to and from Galveston from there ... it can run close to $200/pp r/t.

Southwest, AirTran, JetBlue and now Frontier are the major carriers that serve Hobby. American and Delta also have service, but it's very limited. With all but Southwest and JetBlue, you'd have to arrive the day before the cruise, since flight times don't coincide with the ships' departures.

We live in Houston, so we're pretty familiar with what's available, since friends fly in all the time to cruise with us. Have a great trip!

Al

4. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Great information,, something to consider, the cost from the airport to the cruise terminal

5. Lady Cruiser

Lady Cruiser Active Member

I would try Super Shuttle. They have always served me well, they operate in many states (if not all) across the U.S., are very reasonable and dependable. I've never had any issues and I believe you can even pay them up front on your credit card. Did I mention convenient?

Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is quite a long way to the cruise ship terminal in Galveston. Hobby Airport (HOU) is MUCH closer, hands down. If cruising out of Galveston, you should always choose Hobby Airport, if possible.

Trust me, I'm a lifelong resident here!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  6. Al

Al Well-Known Member

7. George C

George C Well-Known Member

We also always use Hobby, Gavelston is a nice place to spend a night before a cruise. If its more than 2 people might want a limo.

8. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Thank You for the info.