Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Gift Ideas For A First-Time Cruiser?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Diva, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Diva

Diva Guest

I have convinced a good friend of mine to go cruising with me and some others in the fall. Her birthday is coming up soon and I'd love to get her a "cruise" inspired or "travel" type gift that she would be able to make use for the Caribbean cruise.
    Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2. Gayle V

Gayle V Guest

3. Ali

Ali Guest

Have a beach bag act as the "box" for the present and you could put in a phone card, sunscreen and tan lotion, aloe for those times when the sunscreen didn't work. A sun visor for those excursions. A Cruise-Addicts door sign that you can make on the computer with all your names on it. :lol :lol

Here is Gayle's link:

<http://www.cruise-addicts.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=359194&t=359185>

Post Edited (04-05-03 18:23)

4. beachmom

beachmom Guest

Cruise Divas packing list. Make a copy

<http://www.cruisediva.com>

5. Gigi

Gigi Guest

Gift certificate to a local spa ,Pre cruise manicure & or pedicure! :)

6. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

One of those around the neck ID card holders to hang onto that darn sign and sail card when you are minus pockets.

7. tispwisp

tispwisp Guest

We gave my brother-in-law a real nice travel alarm clock for Christmas before his first cruise! He loved it!

8. CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva Guest

Lill (one of my roomies) gave us a cruising gift bag last October that contained a one-use waterproof camera and lip balm with sunscreen (plus some other goodies) and those were GREAT items!!!

Plus, a hanging shoe organizer is a terrific gift--picture of one here... <http://cruisediva.com/pack3.htm> -- you can get them at Target.

9. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

How about a copy of the ships video? Great way to wet the appetite. Also how about a magazine like Cruise Travel?

10. Hucc

Hucc Guest

a "cruise kit" with sun block, beach towel, wine, etc.

don't forget to include a book or two; especially one on cruising and/or the ports of call you are visiting :)

Post Edited (04-07-03 11:51)

11. For Christmas this year, we made up some surprise cruise bags for our teens. Here's what we put in them:

- The gift bag of course was very colourful, like Hawaiian flowers on it.
    - a personalized packing list, as well as the itinerary and some facts on the ship (we
    spiral bound it as a souvenir)
    - a small 500 ml bottle of Canada Dry ginger ale (for the 21 year old, we gave her a
    small bottle of champagne)
    - a plastic glass with a flamingo base
    - a pair of those giant sunglasses (this was a joke gift)
    - for the girls, a gift certificate for a new bathing suit (at a bathing suit store); for our son,
    a Hawaiian-type shirt (he already had a bathing suit)
    - a one-time waterproof camera
    - lip balm with sunscreen
    - suntan lotion
    - for the eldest, because it was her first cruise, we got her "Cruising for Dummies"

Our grandson, who was 3, helped us present the gifts (one at a time) to the beat of "Hot! Hot! Hot! We had a riot!

Other ideas are to get her a shipboard credit, so she can use that towards whatever she wants on-board. Since they were our kids, before we went on the cruise, we gave them some cash for spending money.