• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Gifts for Employees on Ship

Lisa

What I have done in the past is write a letter to the CEO of the cruise line and I state all the positive things about the cruise and I personally mention those crew members who went above and beyond for me. Also I have mentioned crew members by name on my end of cruise surveys. This, along with the origami cash, are really the best things you can give them.

Great suggestions! anything to help a promotion to those who deserve it. It's always nice to feel appreciated but if you can help someone get promoted or even just noticed due to outstanding work thats awesome too :biggrin: Ill have to see what interesting things I can fold up for money :doubleup:

ok so personally I like the origami idea, I think it's unique. I am a TA and I know it's not the same but I like to include little gifts for my clients after they book pertaining to their vacation. It may not be anything big or expensive but 9 out of 10 will pick up the phone to call me and Thank me....I think it's really the thought that matters. I understand they may need he cash but I think a small gesture is also appreciated :)

ok so personally I like the origami idea, I think it's unique.

I understand they may need he cash but I think a small gesture is also appreciated :)
I actually was talking to a friend about the origami money and it turns out they do it for their stewards and they just loved it! they would ask my friends to show them how they did it and invite their friends in to watch lol. they were fascinated. So it's reassuring to know im not alone in thinking this is unique :clap:

and what better a gift of appreciation than one made of money :biggrin: I may try asking them if they would like or need anything small at the ports that would save them a little time. I have some friends that live near one of the ports and actually meets up with their favorite crew staff (they cruise a lot so they see a lot of them over and over). Sometimes they will treat them to lunch/breakfast while they are in port. I know they actually see one of the crew members a lot as his ship comes to that port weekly so they will ask him while he is in port if he needs anything for the next week and then they will get it for him the next time they see each other in port, he pays them back but you can tell he appreciates it so much. it saves him a lot of time. i mean, yes, crew members work really hard and who doesn't want to show them some appreciation but I think it nice to make anyone's day a little better if you can, so why not if given the opportunity? making someone smile, makes me smile :bigsmile:
rumor has it smiles are contagious :biggrin:

lol I just watch the videos online, its easier than written instructions. sometimes the videos are hard to keep up with but thats how i do it!

Cactuscruise

What I have done in the past is write a letter to the CEO of the cruise line and I state all the positive things about the cruise and I personally mention those crew members who went above and beyond for me. Also I have mentioned crew members by name on my end of cruise surveys. This, along with the origami cash, are really the best things you can give them.
I do this, also. But I send the note to the head of housekeeping on the ship and in the corporate office. Having worked for the CIO of an insurance company, I can tell you the notes and letters are very rarely seen by them. They're assigned to a team which handles the things a CEO does not have time for. A lot of the time they just get read and filed in the circular file. A compliment or a complaint would have to be really special for a CEO to actually see it. Sending your praise or complaints a little further down the food chain is a better option.