Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Golden Princess tendering to Shore just

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by carol obrien, Aug 8, 2002.

1. carol obrien

carol obrien Guest

Hi just wonderig if any one had to tender in on the goden .What was it like did it take a year and a day because of so many people.Thanks alot Carol

2. Redi2Cruise

Redi2Cruise Guest

Some ports you tender, some you dock at. Where are you going, Eastern Caribbean? We docked at St. Maarten & St. Thomas, and tendered at Princess Cays. The lines were not long when we went (early). I think we had the first or second tender. I'm sure if we waited until 9-10 am the wait might have been longer. The lines usually go down a little later too, after the rush. The tenders hold alot of people, more than the ones on the Norwegian Sky.

3. AndreaC

AndreaC Guest

We have sailed both Golden and Grand and found the tender service to be quick and efficient. The tenders hold a maximum of 150 people.

I went early and got on the first tender and my husband came a few hours later and said he had no wait. I suppose it will depend on the passengers on a given week as well. On our sailing on Golden, a lot of the older passengers we spoke with were not planning on getting off of the ship when we visited Princess Cays.

4. Fernanda

Fernanda Guest

What is tendering?

5. Ali

Ali Guest

Tendering is a smaller boat that takes you from the ship to the island. Some ports either don't have enough piers, or the ships are too large to get into them.