Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Goodbye to the Loveboat cruise

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by JimG, May 3, 2001.

1. JimG

JimG Guest

Just an idea to bounce off all the troops! Since next year is the Pacific Princess's final season, what do you think about a Board Bermuda cruise to officially say goodbye to one of the classic ships that made cruising what it is today. Those that haven't been to Bermuda would be in for a treat unlike anything in the Caribbean, and those that have been ther , well , who wouldn't want to go back?

2. Donna

Donna Guest

Sounds good to me.
    Get some dates and pricing and put up a post.
    dsw

3. Terri

Terri Guest

Sounds good to me too...

Dates etc. Please.

Terri

4. Elizabeth 74

Elizabeth 74 Guest

Havne't been to Bermuda. I'd be interested in some more info.

5. CruiseAholic

CruiseAholic Guest

I'd try to do it just to sail on the Pacific Princess again, a grand old lady!

6. DisneyBlonde

DisneyBlonde Guest

I'd definitely go. Let me know when.

7. Debbie

Debbie Guest

I'd love to go to Bermuda too! :) Debbie

8. JimG

JimG Guest

I'm neither a TA nor much of an organizer. Just trying to bounce some ideas, but if a bunch of people jump in on this, I'd just bet that one of our board TAs would jump in with some good prices. I went 3 years ago on the Zenith. Chose early October, because Hurricane season is winding down (this cruise can't alter itineraries) and prices are at the lowest of the season. The beach weather is still fine there in October.

9. DougH

DougH Guest

John is already trying to arrange another, or several board cruises for next year. If you weren't on the board several weeks ago we had a poll to suggest where the group cruise heads next. Check the online poll for the results.

I believe that they are currently checking into rates for Bermuda and it had already been suggested to include the Pacific Princess in the options.

With all the server problems lately I think John and Ingrid have had their hands full dealing with those issues and we haven't heard much on the cruise recently. I would love to sail on the Pacific before she leaves the fleet.

Doug

10. DougH

DougH Guest

Forgot to say that May 2002 is the date frequently mentioned.

Doug

11. DisneyBlonde

DisneyBlonde Guest

I can go anytime after June 18 next year, I'm already taking Jake out of school for a week in Dec, so I can't take him out again in that school year. Summer, fall, or winter, and I'm there.

Diz

12. TexasSue

TexasSue Guest

I think this is a wonderful idea - would love to sail the old Love Boat - If at all possible count me in - time will depend due to other half will hopefully have a kidney transplant sometime next year so all will be time related and might even have to cancel at last minute but will buy insurnace. I will need something to look forward to. Texas Sue

13. nieciez

nieciez Guest

I would love this cruise, as long as it was in the May/June time frame. Great idea!

DeniseZ B)

14. Denise P.

Denise P. Guest

My Mom was a cruise-addict, took 3 or 4 every year and sailed on the Pacific Princess many times. I would love to go!

15. Wonderful idea - let us know when and how much

16. April

April Guest

If I remember right -- this suggestion was mentioned before since Bermuda came out ahead in the polls-- what a great way to send her off-- something should be planned soon just in case others cruise-addicts from other sites etc have the same Idea-- if I remember too - someone did say that the ship doesnt have the balconies that some of us are getting use to having.
    Cheers
    April

17. Terri

Terri Guest

Balcony or no, who cares, great way to get together and send her off in style! With All of us Cruise Addicts on board!

Smaller ship, I'll definitely have to stock up on Bonine! :)

18. o2cruise

o2cruise Guest

Oh yea...sounds good..sounds great...we're there...Bermuda is good...Pacific Princess sounds good...hey I'm not hard to please!

19. Jan

Jan Guest

Sounds great