• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Got room # w/ BookModify - over the dance floor??

S

serene56

Carnival has set it up where we can view the book modify screen.

I looked at cabins doing the gifts thing 4 times and each time they moved me. I am waiting ntil they set it with the modify screen. Its 7 weeks now but because of the hurricane I bet its another week.

I dont know if i will be a happy in an oceanview- I never had one. I did book at the most we can afford. Balconies were almost 500 more-- its only a weekend so if i get a window it wont be a big deal.

C

Cactuscruise

Assigned "guarantee" cabins can still be changed at any time up until sail date. The assignments are at the descretion of Carnival Cruise Lines. The only thing that has changed is that the line has started assigning the cabins earlier...7-8 weeks from sail date.

S

serene56

Carnival is trying to do away with the assignments of cabins at the pier. According to the web site once it is set 7 weeks out it wont change. I have not seen anything to the fact that it can change once its set at 7 weeks. Can you direct me to where I can fidn that information where it can change.

I been following the threads that have people set in 7 weeks and not one of those were changed at the pier. That was using the old method.

N

NewCruzer

Cactuscruise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Assigned "guarantee" cabins can still be changed
> at any time up until sail date.

Well, I got my documents for our Oct. 4 sail last week, and they have on them the same assigned cabin we first noted 59 days out. We booked OV guarantee. Since they printed the cabin on the documents, doesn't seem like they plan to change 'em.

S

serene56

I got my cabin todayusing the modify screen. I didnt get upgraded and got what we booked. An oceanview cabin. I am not as disspointed as I thought I would be. Actually very happy with the cabin location. Walk out of the room turn left and there is the elevator. One floor up is the dining room ( that is if they put me in that dining room or go up another to the second tier)

K

Kim1319

I'm still getting the error:

We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

If you would like to email Carnival.com technical support, please use the following email address: support@carnival.com.

when using https://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

is there another link or someplace else I can look to Modify my cruise? Typing in that BookModify link is the only way I can get to it. There is no button or anything that I can just click.

N

NewCruzer

Kim1319 Wrote:
> is there another link or someplace else I can look
> to Modify my cruise? Typing in that BookModify
> link is the only way I can get to it. There is no
> button or anything that I can just click.
>

I just accessed mine from the link in your last message -- but I was already logged into "My Reservation" on another browser page.

K

Kim1319

So you mean you have 2 different windows open? You sign in on one page then just go to the reservation page on the 2nd window and put that link in the address bar? Cause I've tried that. When I open a new window it has me sign in again and when I put that link in, I still get the message. Grrr this is getting frustrating LOL. I better just stop!

N

NewCruzer

Kim1319 Wrote:
> So you mean you have 2 different windows open?
> You sign in on one page then just go to the
> reservation page on the 2nd window and put that
> link in the address bar? Cause I've tried that.
> When I open a new window it has me sign in again
> and when I put that link in, I still get the
> message. Grrr this is getting frustrating LOL. I
> better just stop!
>
Just open ONE additional window -- the Carnival website -- and log on to your reservation page. Then tab back to this page (you'll have two browser windows open -- you reservations page and this Cruise Addicts thread) and click on the link in your message 4 messages up. If it works (and it has consistently for me), this page will turn into the 'book/modify' page.

Do NOT copy/paste the book/modify url -- that's the method that's not currently working, for whatever reason.

K

Kim1319

Well thats not fair! Its still not working. I still Carnival's error message. whats up with that? :( I wonder if maybe cause I'm still just over 2 months away from my cruise maybe? I don't know. But his stinks!:mad
=bashcomp

S

serene56

The site worked up to 7 weeks out. Since I am not good at math I dont know if 63 days is 7 weeks.
Buit I am under 7 weeks and I too get the message. I dont know what that is about. Sorry.

K

Kim1319

I guess about 8 and a half weeks out for my cruise.. I just don't get why it doesn't work for some. Thats not fair!:(

O

Olga

newcruzer, your method worked for me! Thanks for the "formula." Hope it works for everyone else. My cruise is 27 days out.

K

Kim1319

ohhh but serene I'm getting so impatient! LOL. I know you said 7 weeks before, but I'm still trying just about every day LOL just hoping it will work but I know it won't :( And I think the sailing is finally sold out. But oh well, as far as the "BookModify" goes I know I still have just under 8 weeks go/ wait :(:tout

Thanks for your help.

S

serene56

My cruise was sold out three months before they start setting cabins.
Got my docs yesterday. was doing the dance.. (I think I hurt myself....lol) wont be long- hang in there.