Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Grand Class Butler Service!!!!

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Judi, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Judi

Judi Guest

Can someone please tell me what this is?

I've looked all over the Princess site, and can't find much information on it. :(

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

2. BurBunny

BurBunny Guest

The reason you can't find info on it is because it's been discontinued. Sorry!

Princess's site is, to say the least, not current :roll

3. Judi

Judi Guest

Amber,

On ALL ships and ALL classes right up to the Grand Suites??!!?? :(

Well, THAT really stinks! :mad

4. Jackie D

Jackie D Guest

That happened a few years ago. I am in an oners suite for this years cruise and was unaware of any benefits.

5. CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva Guest

Yes, they discontinued the butler service around the first of 2001. None available whatsoever any more in any suite category. Just before the change went into effect, the Hotel Manager on Crown Princess told me that the reason for dropping them was they got a LOT of complaints from passengers about having another person to tip! According to him, the biggest complainers were the passengers who'd been upgraded to suites. Go figure!!! :(

6. MikeInPgh

MikeInPgh Guest

Tip the steward $20 or so up front and let it be known that you are generous and they will become VERY attentive. Works for me.

7. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I never found any particular use for the butler that our regular cabin steward couldn't/wouldn't accomplish for us. For us, it was of no real interest or value....and believe me, we like our comforts and spoiling.

8. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Judi,

Remember that HAL doesn't have Butlers for their suites, and the service is excellent nonetheless.

Grand Class Butler Service was very short-lived on Princess...

:usa

9. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Actually we were in the top suite back-to-backs several times on both Princess and Celebrity. IMO, the butlers on both Princess and Celebrity for the top suites, were superfulous....a good steward can and does do anything we have ever required.