Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Grand Princess and Balconies

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by MikeInPgh, Oct 1, 2002.

1. MikeInPgh

MikeInPgh Guest

I know this question has been asked and answered many times, but my brain is full and things don't stay in there too well any more.

Which deck's balconies overlook the other deck's? We are going to be be booking an outside balcony cabin and my wife was concernced about privacy.

Thanks

2. BurBunny

BurBunny Guest

The Lido, Aloha and Baja balconies are fully covered and private. They overlook the Caribe (half covered, half open) and Dolphin (fully open) decks.

3. Redi2Cruise

Redi2Cruise Guest

Dolphin lacks privacy. We were on the Caribe and it is partially covered, so we had some sun and some shade at times. I was concerned about privacy, but didn't need to be. It was awesome! The balcony was about 10x10 or so. I was surprised how few people seemed to use their balconies. We used ours alot. Even had a party out there one night! The ones above the Caribe are more private, but alot smaller. The Lido deck was great - had one there last March, smaller, but close to everything.

Whatever you choose, enjoy!

Kathy
    :)

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Guest

Hey, Mike!

Finally talked Susan into another cruise, huh?

The first time we sailed the Grand we were on the Caribe deck. As BurBunny mentioned the balcony was half-covered, half open. Actually, it was really nice to be able to sit out in the sun when we wanted and move into the shade to sit and read.

This time around we're on Dolphin with the completely open balcony. Having it open doesn't bother us in the least. The last time around we found surprisingly few people really spent much time on their balconies and can't remember ever feeling like we were being watched. Besides, when you're in a confined space like a cruise ship with 2000 other folks how inconspicuous can you be anyway?.

Made our final payment today. Maybe we can get together again on the next one?!

5. The dolphin deck balconies are useless in the rain. If you have a great week weather wise they are fine. Think Caribe deck is the best way to go.

6. Lana

Lana Guest

On Similar issue, does anybody know about Aloha deck on Sea Princess? Is that private? Thanks!

7. BurBunny

BurBunny Guest

All of the balconies on the Sun class ships (Sea, Ocean <now P&O's Oceana>, Dawn and Sun) are private.