Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Growth Chart photos

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by Beryl, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Beryl

Beryl Guest

As those of you who read Maw's Office Ramble know I scrapbook...a lot! Here are a couple of photos of the latest project...a child's growth chart...it is long enough so they will be paying rent by the time they grow the full length of the darn thing...but that's how the pattern was! I made this one for my cruise buddy Janet's new granddaughter...who, by the way, is a most beautiful baby. The photos show the chart in its' full length and then the top and bottom in close ups! There are places for photos of the child as s/he grows and places for journaling age, things the child likes, and where the photo was taken, etc. I have purchased the papers (I just love scrapbook paper) to make two more of these as I have 2 baby boys that need a "welcome to the world" gift too! I'm anxious to start them but I don't have time until I'm back from holiday...then I am going to be really busy with scrapbook projects that include a Maui Scrapbook [​IMG]

Hope you like my project!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

What a talented lady. How beautiful! :thumb

3. debowah

debowah Guest

That is a wonderful gift that will be treasured for years to come.

4. GloBug

GloBug Guest

Very nice! What a clever idea. I wish scrapping was big when my DD was born 21 years ago. I would have treasured this.

5. popcorn

popcorn Guest

Lovely idea and gorgeous work!! Enjoy your holiday.

Liz

6. reggae

reggae Guest

How nice! What a beautiful gift! I was wondering if the "Measuring tape" is done on felt? Did you draw all the lines on, and the numbers?

7. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Beryl, that is beautiful.. you are so clever, and so patient.

I once started the "Peter Rabbit" growth chart in cross stitch...... I think I gave up about 2 foot into it :lol It may still be in my cross stitch basket somewhere :grin

Oh yes.. adding this into the addicts craft album.

8. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Red, I did a cross stitch growth chart that had a "Peter Rabbit" (I use the quotations because I'm not sure it was a Beatrix Potter pattern...but it sure looked like Peter to me) and a baby bear in a basket and yellow flowers on a vine crawled all the way up to the top....it took me forever! The girl that I was making it for had her baby and the kid must have been 10 years old by the time I got it finished and the little one had long since received a different baby gift!! Anyhow, I kept plugging along at it and thinking in time I might be able to give it to another baby. Sure enough our nephew and his wife had a wee baby girl and her name and birthdate were duely embroidered on the growth chart and it was mailed away! Two weeks later I found out my DIL was expecting our first grandchild...I just could not bring myself to do another cross stitch growth chart. Clearly our little sunshine is not meant to have a cross stitched growth chart! But it sure was a beautiful piece. I have a photo around here somewhere and if I come across it I will send you a copy!

Reggae...the numbers are on a piece of twill tape. I used a black felt tipped pen for the markings and numbers. I could not find a measuring tape that was long enough and a suitable colour for this project. Most of those measuring tapes are that ghastly yellow! You can bet I picked papers that will handle a yukky yellow tape measure for the two projects I have to make for little boys....for one I have even found paper that had, you guessed it, yukky yellow measuring tapes as the theme of the paper :grin!

9. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Beryl, I think that this one had different Beatrix Potter animals all the way up the darn thing :lol
    it was in a (supposedly?) Beatrix Potter pattern book..
    I was also doing it on linen.. I did the same as you.. The original child was in school, but I carried on thinking about that next baby.. eventually there were four.. all in school. I gave up :grin

I would like to see yours if you come across a photo.

I put these photos in the gallery

<a href = "http://www.cruise-addicts.com/photogallery/v/Talanted+addicts/"> AAdicts showcase of talent album</a>

10. Beryl

Beryl Guest

Red, I haven't found the photo that I took of my cross stitch growth chart...I will hunt it up one day...I'm not even sure that it was digital which will mean hunting through a bunch of old photos. This is the photo that was on the cover of the kit though so you will get an idea of how much work I did :grin !

[​IMG]

11. Jill B

Jill B Guest

Beryl, that is just gorgeous! You are very talented. And to work that cross stitch, what patience, and such a detailed piece.
    I am lazy; I machine everything. :lol

12. tango55

tango55 Guest

Beautiful! Sure beats the heck out of the nicks on the kitchen doorframe!

I made a paper one when my first grandson was born, and attached it to the back of the bedroom door at my place. Everytime he came over as he got older, he'd say "Grandma - can we do the measure thing?" He loved to watch his progress on the chart. I've taken it down and moved it with us every time we've moved, and put it back up on the bedroom door. He's almost 6 feet tall now and will e 16 in August. Love to have the souvenir though. It also has his younger brother on it. It's been wonderful watching them grow into such fine young men.

Thanks, Terry

13. nieciez

nieciez Guest

That is so clever Beryl....you really have a talent for scrapping! DD Jacquie was just saying last night that she would like to get into it.

14. herb

herb Guest

you did a great job Beryl........ very talented. :)

15. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Beryl.. that is pretty much like the one I did, only it had another character from Beatrix Potter to mark each foot...

I wish I had completed it... But unless the kids only grew about two foot tall... it was not to be :lol

The best fun I had with cross stitch was the miniature cross stitch for lids... one thread over one thread of 32 count linen Now for some reason, that held my interest :lol

16. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

=love..you are so clever..thanks for the share!!...:).Happy Maui visiting!!..:).Joanne.