Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Guarantee Cabin Opinions

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Raymond G, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Raymond G

Raymond G Guest

Just wondering how you "Cruise @ddicts" feel about "Guaranteed Cabins." That is, booking an inexpensive cabin with the enticing offer of getting a complimentary upgrade if the better cabins don't sell out. Would love to hear some opinons.

2. Ali

Ali Guest

I never book the guarantee only for the fact that I like picking where my cabin is located. If location isn't a major issue for you then the guarantee is the way to go. Here's hoping for an upgrade for you!!

3. Cruisefreak

Cruisefreak Guest

A couple of years ago, we booked a guarantee cabin - a category "S" on the Norway. When we arrived at the ship, we were booked in a category P2 - Penthouse Suite on the Sky deck. The upgrade fairy did her (his) thing for us on that cruise. It's the first time we had ever booked a guarantee cabin. Just did the same thing for our January cruise on the Golden Princess - maybe the upgrade fairy will remember us.

4. Rick Weber

Rick Weber Guest

> Just wondering how you "Cruise @ddicts" feel about "Guaranteed Cabins." That is, booking an inexpensive cabin with the enticing offer of getting a complimentary upgrade if the better cabins don't sell out. Would love to hear some opinons.

As stated... If you have no concerns as to where you may be berthed, go for it.. The highest we have been upped to is Class D on The Enchantment and the lowest is Class M on The SOS. Others mileage may vary. :)

5. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Upgrades are pot luck. Sometimes you get upgraded to a higher category. Have done this 3 times. ( got same category, got bumped to an outside cabin but near the crew stairs {very noisy}, bumped to an outside cabin on the Promenade deck.

Sorry I didn't turn the outside cabin near crew steps down. Awful upgrade hardly got any sleep.

I don't mind the promenade deck as long as it's quiet. I love to walk the deck before bed anyway.

Hope this helps

6. CruzTerri

CruzTerri Guest

We're booked in a Cat N Guarantee for our Brilliance cruise in March. We'll see what we end up with :)

7. Toto

Toto Guest

Just remember, booking a guarantee doesn't always assure you of an upgrade, make sure that you will be happy even without one in the category that you choose, no matter where that cabin is located.

8. Dobie

Dobie Guest

We always book a guarantee inside upgrade because we are cheap and don't care where we end up. In Feb we booked cheapest inside guarantee on the Golden Princess and got an outside. On 9/8, same thing on the Grandeur of the Seas, we got an outside, midships. 2 years ago on the Dawn got a balcony. But, as Toto said, if you really need a good location, don't do it. We don't get seasick and so far we have been very lucky, but if we weren't--hey, we got what we paid for!!

9. Bett

Bett Guest

We have sailed 6 times and of those six, two were booked with a guarantee. Both times we were upgraded. The first time we had booked a category 8 and we were upgraded to a category 12. The second time we booked a category 11 and we were upgraded to a category 12.