• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Guess What? An announcement!

B

BostonsJ

No I'm not having a baby....Good Gosh......But I am getting a new name.

Mike and I are getting married! I have been trying to keep this secret until after we actually do it in case Mike leaves me standing at the alter, but I'm busting at the seams with happiness. And I've not been posting much almost slipping with the secret a few times so I decided, just spit it out!

So much has happened in our lives in the last months. It has been an emotional tornado and Mike has tested his mortality more than once in recent weeks. We have been together a long time and neither one of us ever felt the need to get married. Well this last 6 weeks has brought us into reality about legalities and why they are so important. However, while legalities will be a fringe benefit of being legally married, most importantly our relationship has taken on new dimensions with these crisis events. It is difficult to explain but when you are face to face with the harsh reality together, in a Critical Care Unit counting out the hours just praying that the next one is better than the last, something very strong happens to your trust, love and relationship. It is as though I willed every bit of energy I had in my body into Mike, so that he would recover. And, we are a better couple for all that we have endured. :angel

We will be married by a minister that I know very well, Rev. George at the chapel at my work. I know kind of strange for some, but I'm very connected to that Chapel, I love it's simple elegance. I have spent allot of time in there praying and feel comfortable there so it makes tons of sense to me. Mike thinks it is outrageously Hilarius and loves the idea. I proposed to Mike, on the eve before leaving to go to my Dad's funeral. Nothing in this relationship is very normal. :lol Losing Dad was very painful for me. I so wanted more for him, but it was not to be. And so the only good thing I can take from losing Daddy is that it also brought me to a another reminder of how quickly things can happen. Like I needed another reminder! God does work in mysterious ways. I think Mike realized after his ordeal that I was in this for the long haul, through the good times and the bad, and in sickness...... I wasn't going anywhere except to his side. He is a giddy man right now. He makes me happy to know he is excited about marrying me. He always said he would never marry. My family was told when I was at home for the funeral and are over joyed. Mike asked my mother and my daughter for my hand in marriage. :couple Now that was funny!

Mike having never been married turns 60 on December 18th. And so I suggested that he needs to stay single until after that date, soooo we will be married in a lovely tiny candle light chapel service on December 19th. We have invited only a handful of very close friends, little Sis Paula may fly in, she is trying and I'll know later today if she can pull it off. Other than that the timing is just awful for my family and friends back east. They will throw us a party in the summer when Mike is able to travel. Right now flying is not an option for him or we would do this back east. I fully expect his Nam buddies who he has been friends with his whole life, to show up with black arm bands on! LOL But, they have all told him how grateful they are that I was here for Mike when all went down hill , and that they are thankful for me to have seen him through the last weeks so they think this is great. In their eyes no one was ever good enough for Mike, I've won them over. And since he has no family, having the blessing of his lifetime friends is important to me.

So, on December 19th we are going to the chapel and we're going to get married........ tra la la! :couple

T

Tobyn

Re: Guess What? An announcement!

I am extremely happy for both of you. It takes me back to photo 2Tall posted with hum squatting slightly and a brink underneath . . . .Hilariously funny. Congratulations! I wish you both a FANTABULOUS time together!

I

imlulu

I rarely post but usually do read and I feel like I know you through your posts. I just wanted to Congratulate YOU and Mike!!!!! You both deserve much happiness. :party:party:party

Cheers!
:)-D

C

Cruise cutie

Ah do you know How hard it was to keep my mouth shut, almost blew it yesterday with Maw's ramble..!!!!!!!!!.:grin..we still are working on it.. a POX on the airlines in Colorado!!

=love.:kisses.=hug...:grin...
Joanne and Mark

S

ShipMaven

<br \>

Congratulations, Judy and 2Tall. I wish you nothing but happiness and good health together in the years to come. God bless!

K

kpopperwell

Congratulations! Many you have many happy years ahead filled with nothing but good health.

A

audrey

What great news I can't tell you how happy I am for you both.:party :party

M

mrsrocster

Aw! Congratulations! That is wonderful news! :couple

D

debowah

That is simply joyous. May you continue to love and suuport each other til 120!!!! Wishing you both every happiness.

B

Beryl

Judy...this news is a wonderful beginning to the morning. May your life together as a married couple be filled with love, happiness and health! My very best wishes and congratulations to both of you.

T

TexasSue

Wonderful, Wonderful news, I'm so happy for the two of you.

M

maw

Congratulations Kids so happy to see you Plan to go on and be in love f& together a long time in future. Wishing yu many many more happy years.

C

Corky

Oh, this is so exciting that I am getting goose bumps! I wish the very best for each of you and may you have many, many years of love and happiness. =hug

C

Charles

HOOOOOOOOORRAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

That's Fantastic!

:thumb !!!!!!!!!!!

Charles

N

nieciez

OMG Judy I am just over the moon happy for you and Mike and it's sitting here with tear of happiness...when I seen Beryl's post in Maw's Office I thought she was referring to the post in Safe Harbor...now we have two GREAT NEWS posts from you. May you and Mike find all the love, joy and long life together you both deserve.

R

reggae

Oh, Judy, I am so happy for you and Mike! What wonderful news!!

You two deserve a beautiful wedding day with friends, family and lots of happiness :)

Hugs to you and Mike...

H

H2O babe

Congrats to you BJ and to Mike - may you have many happy married years together.

K.

R

RosieRosie

I am so very happy for you both - wishing you the BEST of everything!!!!

=bigwave=bigwave

S

seagrandaddy&seagrandma

We wish both you and Mike every happiness- so richly deserved. Congratulations!

S

seamom

Mom emailed me and said happy news for a change and I was so confused!! Ran here and saw...well I'll be darned!!! HAPPY NEWS....all the very best to couple who are great together!