• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HAL Spa & Salon prices?

L

Lady Jag

Just wondering if anyone has a link to HAL spa & salon prices? :? :? I thought they'd have more info on their website, but I can't seem to find any details. Anyone know what a reg. Swedish massage goes for or an up-do at the salon?

Thanks! :) :wave

C

CruisinTex

Don't know hair prices, but it was $99 for a massage and $99 for a facial on the Zaandam earlier this year. Be prepared for a really hard sell of products...it almost ruins the spa treatment.

L

Lady Jag

Yeah, I'm pretty used to it and never have a hard time telling them to stuff it. :grin Thanks for the prices - it gives me an idea of what to expect. I appreciate it! :thumb :wave

A

arubalisa

According to the price list / Gift Form www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Gift_Order.pdf

Here are a few of the services:

Aromatherapy Massage (25 minute back massage) 65.00
Aromatherapy Massage (50 minute full body massage) 99.00
The SPA Taster Package (25 minute facial & 25 minute back massage)
The Beautiful You Package (50 minute facial & traditional manicure) 127.00
The Relax & Rejuvenate Package (25 minute facial & 50 minute full body massage) 149.00

L

Lady Jag

OOOOOh!! I want all those! :lol Thanks so much, Arubalisa, for going to the trouble to put all that info up for me. I really appreciate it! Yeah!! My DH just read your post and said he'd finally agree to get a massage too! Yippee! Thanks again! :thumb :wave

J

Judi

The Vista Class ships have the new Greenhouse Spa and Salon which, I think, is run by HAL themselves and not Steiner. I don't know whether the prices would be different or not.

L

Lady Jag

I'd be happy if it wasn't Steiner anymore. The guy that does my hair at Jose Eber was trained by Steiner and worked for P&O cruise line years ago. He said once he came to Jose Eber, he had to be completely trained on how to do things the "right" way. =dunno He didn't have very complimentary things to say about Steiner at all, and my experiences with them haven't been the greatest either. :)

J

Judi

Bobbie,

I usually plan to get a perm right before I cruise (my appointment is next Thursday!), so I've never used their hair salon.

I did get a manicure one time...the one and only one I've ever had!

What bothered me is the way they pushed and pushed to get you to buy their products.

It'll be interesting to hear whether or not their own folks do the same thing!

L

Lady Jag

Judi - I'll let you know how it goes. On some cruises, I've had pushy salespeople on others, I haven't. Haven't figured out what the difference was. =dunno The salon on the Coral Princess was run by an in-house crew and they had the worst customer service I've ever experienced. So, I'm hoping HAL's in-house stylists, etc. will be better. Just about any experience in the salon or spa will be better than that! :lol