Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

" HAPPY HOLIDAY "

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by JOHN(NJ), Mar 17, 2005.

1. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

I guess the easy was out would be Happy Saint Patricks Day......... Nope!!!!!!!

Today is really Submarine Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So whether celebrating a ship or a sandwich, enjoy your day.

Do they call them Submarine sandwichs where you live?????

I think I'll grab a green beer, a submarine sandwich and go to the submarine races tonight.

2. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone. Hubby is meeting his golf buddies at 2:00 p.m. to start the party. I will join with all the other people around 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. The boys should be well on their way by then! lol

3. Charles

Charles Guest

:thumb

Have a Happy!

c

4. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Happy St Patricks Day to you too.and as to the other....they call them subs here in Vermont...BUT I was born and raised in Connecticut and they are called "grinders" where I was raised..:grin..sooo I still call them grinders...=shrug..:grin..Have a Happy...:wave..Joanne

5. kitten

kitten Guest

They're called "Subs" here in the south and up north where I lived they were called "Grinders"! And I got a 6 pack of Guiness waiting for me in the frig as I now speak, and the "huz" is bringing home wing's for himself and now that John(NJ) has mentioned "Sub" sandwiches, I "ll have the "huz" stop by and pick me up one!:thumb HAPPY ST.PATRICKS DAY!!!

6. defritz

defritz Guest

Aw crap... I forgot to wear green!!!! Wait... does green eyeshadow count???

I call them "Sub"s. I'm assuming on the east coast, you guys don't have SubMarina? Boy, you're missing out!! :grin

7. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

Happy St. Patricks day to everyone! It's shortened to "subs" here. Some are called "hoagies". I've never heard of Grinders.

6 pack of Guiness Kitten? Never got into that stuff although my Dad sold lots of it in his Irish Pub. I'm more of a mellow beer drinker. I have Harp in the fridge.

Heading over to our downtown public Library at lunch time to watch the Irish Dancers and Celtic musicians play. It sort of makes me sad a bit. This was my Irish Tenor's Dad favorite day. Also I miss running the girls around to all their Irish Dance performances. But we still celebrate..

8. maw

maw Guest

Happy St Patricks Day--Now a submarine sandwich sounds good but living 23 miles from nearest place to get them guess will just have my turkey wrap. If Paw felt better would try to coax him to one of the local Corned Beef and Cabbage moneymakes.

9. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Happy St. Patty's Day @ddicts. We are in the midst of our annual St. Patty's Breakfast here at work.

As for Subs.....that's what we call them here in VA but where I grew up in NJ, just outside of Philly, they are call Hoagies. Yummy! And the BEST can be purchased here: http://www.carmensdeli.com/page2.html?

10. Tread

Tread Guest

Quizno's, Subway, The Sub Shoppe . . . . we have a few. John(NJ), I think you have the right idea. Submarine races sounds like the thing to do! :grin :grin :grin

11. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Back home we called them grinders. NJ and Tread :pig :pig =lolgang

12. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

Eating a submarine sandwich & watching the midnight submarine races.
    We have people resettled from so many states that we hear most of the names, Submarine/Sub is the most popular one however.
    OOps, forgot to say Happy...SubDay. Bring on the green beer.

13. Beryl

Beryl Guest

May you be feeling as carefree and gay as an old Irish Tune on St. Patrick's Day.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!!

14. Jill B

Jill B Guest

We call them subs here.
    John NJ, I think this submarine below won't make it to the midnight races. Maybe next year :LOL

[​IMG]

15. John does like to dream. Subs are here too....