Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Happy Hour" and New Dining Times

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by CruisinTex, Apr 8, 2004.

1. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Does anyone know how this is going to work? There used to be a cocktail hour for an hour before first seating and an hour before second seating. Now that there will be four different seatings, will cocktail hour be extended? Or, heaven forbid, eliminated? I love those free hors d'oeuvres and look forward to sitting in Ocean Bar prior to dinner every night.

2. bOB

bOB Guest

Happy hour starts at 12 noon and goes through 9 PM

3. ANSAlberg

ANSAlberg Guest

bOB - Works for ME!!!!!!!! ;-)
    Anne:daisy:usa:CO

4. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Woohoo! Have a great cruise bOBert!

5. Bruce

Bruce Guest

Volendam is going to be dry on this repo cruise.

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Well, Bruce, it would be nice if you shared with others instead of drinking the ENTIRE ship's stores yourself.

7. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Guess I won't be seeing too much of you, bOB?? :roll

8. Bruce

Bruce Guest

Can't believe we are down to 5 days... geeeez. Guess I should think about starting to pack huh?

9. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Packing? What's that, Bruce? I took out the suitcases to let Pucci know I was going "bye-bye"...and that's as far as I've gone. Haven't even thought about what to take let alone start packing! :(

10. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Mary Ann, all you need to pack is tranquilizers! :grin

And how the heck do you guys plan to drink the ship dry if you stick to bOB's happy hour schedule of only noon-9PM????

Well, I'm still trying to find out how they're going to handle the one hour pre-dinner cocktails and munchies with the split dining times, so if one of you could let me know when you get back, it would be much appreciated!

11. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Tex - if I remember anything about the cruise (other than hiding in my cabin and placing a brown paper bag over my head), I'll report back on how the split dining and pre-dinner cocktails are handled.

Double strength tranquilizers? Check. :grin

12. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Hope you all have a wonderful time. Of course you will. We'll be eager for stories :)

13. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

Bon voyage! I know you'll all have a great time, and I can't wait to hear the stories.

Oh -- and I have the same question as CruisinTex... I was also looking forward to the pre-dinner cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

14. Bruce

Bruce Guest

Trying to decide if I should wear brown boots or black wellingtons with bib overalls for formal night?

15. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

bOB is the expert on overalls. Please consult with him on proper attire, Bruce.

Lisa, Sail - thank you so much for your good wishes. I'm really looking forward to the cruise, but please don't tell the looney ones who'll be with me. I wouldn't want them to get the wrong impression! ;)

16. Judi

Judi Guest

Well, this is a record for us. We are all packed and ready to go!

Given the fact that Sunday is Easter and we have places to go and people to see, we would have had to pack tomorrow anyway. Since we both got out of work early, we came home and did the deed! :thumb :thumb

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Pack? What's that?!? :(

18. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

Bruce,
    I guess it me against the silent teams for the next NASCAR race?

19. Bruce

Bruce Guest

You have to carry the flag John, I am going to have my hands full with this crowd on the Volendam.

20. Ali

Ali Guest

Mary Ann you just have to leave those suitcases out as a regular fixture at home. Put them in a corner of a room and plop some flowers or something on top of them. Pucci won't know when your next cruise is coming. :)