• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Hats off to Carnival

F

floridajourneygirl

They maybe thinking that everyone has found a place to live by then. With the realization that their towns and cities are gone they may want to start over again some place else. I've already heard that some people that went to Texas has found a place to live and a job already. Picking up the pieces of their lives and moving on. I know went Hurricane Charley hit us here in Port Charlotte a lot of people left. There were no homes to rent and they didn't have a job to go back to so they left to start over some place else.

F

floridajourneygirl

I just heard on the news that they are having a hard time filling the ships. People don't want to leave Houston to go to Galveston . And that the ones that haven't found their family members don't want to leave. It's got to be so hard.

R

redbird fan

Hats off to Carnival??? My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniv.next year. So we decided to book a cruise. We choose the Elation leaving from Glaveston 1-8-2006. Great we got our vacation time from work approved, grandma got her vacation time worked out so she could watch our childern. Two other couples that we have known for many years decided to go along with us to celerbrate our 25 anniv. Life was great or so i thought.... 3 months ago Carnival called to tell me that my cruise had been cancelled . The Elation had to go into dry dock in Jan. of 2006, and that I had two choicesI could recieve a refund or rebook the same ship at a different date. We choose to rebook. It took a couple of weeks of hard work a little begging and some coworkers changing time off and we are all set again for 2-12-2006. Then this horrible thing happens in the gulf and I hear that Carnival Is sending 3 ships to the help the homeless. Bravo for Carnival. I go to the Carnival web site my 7 day cruise on the Elation has been cancelled again. No call from Carnival well that is ok with this mess they may be awful busy so I waited a couple of days to call. Knowing that it would be almost imposssible to reschedule everyone a third time I better find out what my options are . Here they are 1. I can recieve a full refund. 2. I can go on a 5 day Elation cruise with a $100 shipboard credit. even with the ship board credit it will cost me more to go on the 5 day then the 7 I already had booked. Or they have moved the Conquest to Galveston and for $500+ I can go on it during the same time fame. So hats off to Carnival as they send off 3 ships to help the homeless. Thumbs down as they raise prices and price gouge customers

C

Coppertone Girl

Red bird fan, that sucks! I can't believe you've had to re-schedule twice! Is there a comparable cruise with another cruise line?

R

redbird fan

Great news some one at Carnival does have a heart after all. A rep called me today and we worked out a deal so we can go on the Conqeust 2-12-06 after all. Net increase in price was $80 per cabin , and a couple of cabin categories. But, hey it sure beats having my wife unhappy! 25 years have taught me if the boss anit happy anit nobody happy.

C

Coppertone Girl

redbird fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great news some one at Carnival does have a heart
> after all. A rep called me today and we worked out
> a deal so we can go on the Conqeust 2-12-06 after
> all. Net increase in price was $80 per cabin , and
> a couple of cabin categories. But, hey it sure
> beats having my wife unhappy! 25 years have taught
> me if the boss anit happy anit nobody happy.

Yes, taking the money and booking another cruise... why didn't we think of that?!

E

Erinm

At dinner last night I talked about this with another lady. We both agreed that although I would be totally disappointed to have my cruise cancelled, I would totally understand it.

Hat's off to Carnival for doing what is right even though it might tick off their customers. They are taking a risk for more than just 6 months, this could affect them for a long long time!

M

MARAPRINCE

Just returned from the 9/10/05 sailing of the C. Truimph. Before the cruise ended, the passengers had contributed over $20,000 to the relief effort! So I would guess they really supported the effort of Carnival to take 3 of the their ships out of service for at least 6 months or longer to house the police, fire and other relief workers in N. Orleans.

My only question -- what about the other cruise lines that sail out of N. Orleans? Why have they not come forward with some kind of aid -- money, clothing, etc.?

Maraprince