Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Heading off to Veendam.......

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sail7seas, Dec 9, 2004.

1. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We have not cruised Veendam for at least three years and are very much looking forward to sailing her again. We always enjoyed her but stopped cruising her when HAL moved her homeport to Tampa. Seems we finally gave in and will travel to Tampa to join the ship for a lovely 12 days on January 3.

Got our docs and found there will be 3 formal nights, 3 informal, and 6 casual. Seems a pretty good balance and is fine by us.

What a nice way to wind down from the holidays.....being spoiled on an HAL ship.

2. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Bon Voyage, Sail, and let me wish you a happy and healthy New Year - starting off nicely on HAL.

I think Volendam may be sharing Dominica with you - if we're not otherwise engaged that day, perhaps our paths will finally cross!

3. Orcrone

Orcrone Guest

Have a great time. Having lived in Massachusetts for 10 years, I know how nice it can be to get away from the frozen tundra in the middle of winter.

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Actually, we've had about 1/2" of snow so far this season and it melted within about 4 hours.

I've been able to take my usual daily walks up until today when we had pouring rain.

The ground here has not begun to freeze yet.

But.....we sure are still looking forward to some eighty degrees and such. :)

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Thank you, Mary Ann.

It would be WONDERFUL if we were to meet up with each other in Dominca. Look for the 50 something year old carrying a huge bag of 'green soap'. :) I love to load up on the wonderful soap the local ladies make. It's deliciously moisturizing and I think they make it on the stoves in their kitchens.

Hope you have your usual fantastic time on Voldendam. Of course you will. Travel safely and enjoy!!

6. Happy Holiday's and Bon Voyage Sail, It's always so nice to get away from the winter weather and soak up some sun. Have a great cruise.

7. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

Enjoy the Veendam and Bon Voyage Sails. :cheers

8. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Thank you, Connie and The Cruiser :)

It has turned cold in Boston and warm Caribbean sun sure sounds very good to us.

We are very much looking forward to boarding Veendam and settling in for another wonderful HAL cruise with some dear, dear friends on board.

I'll post some comments when we return.

9. Judi

Judi Guest

It's cold here in Joisey as well.

Although the Veendam will take to the seas two days before Volendam, we're heading down to Florida's sunny shores on the 31st of December so we can "thaw out" before our cruise! :grin :grin :grin

10. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

We're planning several days pre-cruise in Florida, as well. It has not been all that warm there...hopefully it will warm up.

11. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Yup that Green Soap does wonders as we look to stock up again in Feb. They have caught on though to our liking for it so it requires some shopping for the BEST price. :dance

12. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Judi I beleive Mal will have plenty of opportunity to thaw out with the lighter fluid and perhaps the bubbly will do the same for U. :cheers

13. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Bon Voyage Sail. Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy those warmer temps.

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Thank you, "Tex". I know we'll have a great time. :) Don't we always?

It's still cold here and we are very ready to warm our bones!

15. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

I know you like meeting new staff members Sail. Jamie from the Maasdam has just been transfered to the Veedam recently. She's a member of the activities staff and runs triva and games. I'd say tell her I said "hi" but with so many passenger's I'm sure they soon forget.

16. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

iluvcruzin....

We do not usually participate much with cruise staff activities but if I run across her, I shall send your greetings. If she knows you post here, 'Maureen' from Cruise-Addicts may ring a bell.

17. tw1nk1es

tw1nk1es Guest

Dear Sail,
    Have a wonderful trip! I always chuckle when I see you are leaving as I know that you pack so much more than I ever would! I think we may be opposite ends of the luggage spectrum.
    Bon voyage!

18. Hi sail,

Just got a chance to read the other board.

Can't believe that you are flying Jet Blue.

19. moniquey

moniquey Guest

Welcome back. Hope that your cruise went well. We missed you here. Looking forward to reading about your cruise.