Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Helicopter Tour - Juneau or Skagway?

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by DianeD, Jun 15, 2003.

1. DianeD

DianeD Guest

Will be cruising the inside passage in September. Can use ANY suggestions about helicopter tours. Should I book through Princess.com? Is is better to take a helicopter tour in Juneau or Skagway? Can you get to the port and catch a helicopter ride or should you book in advance? Is it worth $200? Lots of questions, I know, but I have never been to that part of the world -- getting excited though! I've always cruised the Caribbean.

2. LindaKE

LindaKE Guest

We did the helicopter out of Juneau and it was wonderful. I don't think Skagway has as extensive a selection of helicopter sites.

3. PEB

PEB Guest

We have done the helicopter tour out of Juneau and it is well worth the money. The heliport in Juneau is a ways away from the pier where the ships dock. In Skagway there is one of the helicopter services near the where the ships dock. I am not sure of the name of that service.

We happened to book our helicopter tour through Princess.

4. rhc3po

rhc3po Guest

We've done the helicopter tours in Skagway and Juneau. We flew with Temsco in both cases, and were very satisfied. The Skagway flight had a landing on the Ferebee Glacier, while the Juneau flight was to the Mendenhall. We booked (in both cases) with Temsco directly, just walked in at the flight office. I'm told that the price is higher if you book through the cruise ship, as they get their cut. I couldn't say one was better than the other, they were both great, and well worth doing. You'll enjoy either one, or both! --Bob