Help and prayers please

T

TexasSue

Hi - Back from a great cruise on Staurday only to find out my husband had passed away on Friday morning - No expected at all. I could use your prayers to help me get thru the next weeks. And I've looked but can't find the poem posed several times on here about the ship sailing off - could someone please repost it or tell me where to find it. Thanks

E

ewheelock

I am so sorry for the shock that you came home to. You definately have my thoughts and prayers. Your faith, family and friends will help you.

B

BostonsJ

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible shock for you. Please know you are in my thoughts.

C

connie seabee

My thoughts and prayers are with you TexasSue. Such an awful shock to come home to.

R

reggae

I believe this is the poem you requested...

Gone from My Sight

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side
spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and
starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty
and strength. I stand and watch her until at length
she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where
the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in
mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and
she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her
destined port.

Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the
moment when someone at my side says: "There, she is gone!"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout: "Here she comes!"

And that is dying.

M

marleejean

OMG.....how horrible that had to be for you.....so very sorry, Sue...and I hope that the love of friends and family can somehow get you through this.

Marlee

D

Donna - dsw

Sue - I am so sorry for you! This has to be a major shock - please know that we are all here for you.

:angel

C

Cruise cutie

My heartfelt Condolences at this time Sue..my heart just aches for you.. please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers..stay strong.. and we are ALWAYS here for you...hugs..Joanne

T

TexasSue

Yes that's what I wanted - thanks so much and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post again in time.

B

Beryl

Please accept my most sincere sympathy on your loss. The empty space in your heart and in your home will always be there but the memories of the happy times you spent together will surely bring you comfort with the passing of time. My deepest condolences.