Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Help...Caribbean Princess Meals

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by shonandsuzie, Jul 20, 2005.

1. shonandsuzie

shonandsuzie Guest

We have only cruised on Carnival in the past. Can someone give us tips on the best way to plan our meals on Princess' dining choice plan. When do we reserve our dining and where? Is it pretty organized? We are a little worried since we have always had a set dining time and table on other ships. Although we sometimes skipped the dining room we knew it was there and waiting. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. richnsht

richnsht Guest

Just cruised Caribbean Princess. We had personal choice (anytime) dining. Always food available at buffet. Good food, plentiful. My wife and I liked to dine alone, when we wanted top go to the dining room, we went and were seated immediately. Nothing to worry about. We also dined at Sterling Steakhouse one night, it was excellent, we loved it.

3. shonandsuzie

shonandsuzie Guest

Thank you. I'm sure it will be fine. Did you also try the seafood buffet?

4. pockets

pockets Guest

We were on the Caribbean Princess in May and we also chose personal chioce and loved it. We only dined in the dinning room and had no problem getting a table. On our 2nd night we reserved the same table for the rest of the cruise at the time we wanted. We also ate at Sterling Steakhouse, it was excellent. We can't wait to go back.

5. serene56

serene56 Guest

I thought the reason behind personal choice was to eat when I wanted to- Do I have to make reservations? or can I jsut go to the place and wait my turn?> is it better to make reservations?

6. pockets

pockets Guest

You can do it either way. We just like the table we had and we really enjoyed our waiter.
    You can go anytime you want, you also have the option of going to the buffet if you don't want to get dressed up or that nights menu dosen't suit you.
    We really think this is the way to go, we are going on the Alaskan next year with friends and will also chose personal choice.

7. serene56

serene56 Guest

The seafood buffet I read about--is is all jsut seafood-- I love seafood but the man does not. is there other choices ?
    is the seafood buffet offered if we took traditional seating?

8. pockets

pockets Guest

We never tried it but I believe it's offered every night. You just chose to go to the buffet instead of the dining room. I am sure that seafood is not the only choice on the buffet.
    So everybody is happy.

9. shonandsuzie

shonandsuzie Guest

Is there 2 different buffets on this ship? And what restaraunt(s) have buffets?

10. pockets

pockets Guest

There are 2 buffet restaurants, The Horizon and The Caribe. The Caribe is not open all the time but I believe that this is where they serve the seafood buffet.
    There are 3 diningrooms, 1 traditional seating and 2 personal choice.
    Then there are the 2 alternative resturants Sterlings Steakhouse and Sabattini's, which is italian. There is an additional charege for the restaurants.
    There are a lot of choices so everybody is happy.

11. shonandsuzie

shonandsuzie Guest

Thank you. I have been so confused because I didn't imagine that there were 2 buffets. This sure helps me sort out the other reviews that I've read. :)

12. serene56

serene56 Guest

Will the seafood buffet be advertised in the Patters

13. pockets

pockets Guest

I just checked my copies of the Patters and everyday they will let you know what is being served at The Caribe Buffet. It is not every night but I think that they is always some seafood. Also check the dining room menus because one night I had Louisana crayfish I really enjoyed it.

14. tick1946

tick1946 Guest

15. serene56

serene56 Guest

I dont htink my house mate will like going to a buffet each night for dinner- He likes the service of being waited on and pampered--especially for dinner.

But there are other resturants other then the pay places??

16. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

I agree I eat at the Buffet as little as posible and take in the dining room breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

17. andie7842

andie7842 Guest

A must is a meal at Sabatinis. My family ate there and had Ken as our waitier. My two boys aged 21 and 16 are still talking about the great meal and how funny Ken was. This is something that should not be missed

18. sunluva7

sunluva7 Guest

We just returned from the Caribbean Princess. We had a standing reservation in one of the two PC dining rooms at the same table because we loved our waiter. However, you do not need to reserve ahead, you can just show up. Just be aware, though, that the dining rooms get real busy around 7:30 or so, a very popular time for people to go to dinner, and lines do form. You will have no problem getting a table earlier.