• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help me decide

Want to cruise the British Isles this summer and trying it decide between Windsurf Gaelic cruise or Celebrity Infinity. The windsurf is more expensive for 1 week than celebrity is for 11 days. I have never done windstar cruise, so does anyone have any feedback on pros and cons of the 2

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Sorry not enough head room for me on Windstar.....

Big ship vs small ship & accompanying pricing. Very different experience I'm sure. & they just "Bought" Seabourne.

KathyC

I prefer the bigger ships and have sailed with Celebrity several times. Never had a bad experience with Celebrity--great service & great food.

BruinSteve

It's impossible for me to give a comparison...I've never cruised on Windstar...I guess I am just a "big ship" person...
I do love Celebrity, though...
We did a British Isles cruise on Constellation a few years back...very nice...Actually, ours was a sort of a combo-British Isles and Norwegian Fjords--
Went from Dover-Le Havre-Cork-Dublin-Belfast-Glasgow...then over to three stops in Norway - Copenhagen and back to Dover...So, a little more variety...But, IMHO, Celebrity does such a good job...I would always go with Celebrity if there's a question...
I am sure Windstar would be a very different experience...It really depends on what YOU are looking for...

Interesting, BSB. The last I knew Carnival ownd 50% of Seabourn!!!
Carnival owns all of Seabourn. What was sold to Xanterra/Windstar was the three original ships. Seabourn will now have a fleet of four (very relatively) bigger ships (three now in service and one on order from Fincantieri)