Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Hey! Got promoted!

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Jersey_Vic, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Jersey_Vic

Jersey_Vic Guest

Noticed I got promoted to 'dishwasher'

Guess I'll be on KP duty for a while.
    If anyone wants extra mashed potatoes, let me know.

>:)

2. sage

sage Guest

I also noticed that I had been promoted as well. I guess we are just lucky people.

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Someone want to tell me what 'jockey' has to do with cruising ........and how in the world that is the job description someone here chose to give me?

I don't like it very much. If they want us having these titles, how about letting us select one we'd like associated with our names?

Jockey.....cruiseships.....cruising.........Huh???

4. peaches

peaches Guest

DISC Jockey is what it says- so it must mean providing entertainment and music in the lounges. That's a good job and one pax appreciate. I'm now a Baker- another position pax value, so I'm happy.

5. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Happy you are happy!!! Peaches.

6. Jersey_Vic

Jersey_Vic Guest

Hey Sail

It could be worse .... you could have 'lav engineer' as your title.

>:-D

7. sage

sage Guest

Good point Jersey Vic. I think that it is fun, and I'm just happy that they care enough to give me a title.

8. peaches

peaches Guest

I don't understand what's wrong with any of the titles (well, except I wouldn't want to be a galley cleaner probably). I'd work on the ship as the Jeweler, Baker, or DJ any day.

9. Is the change done on a calendar basis or the number of posts one has? I don't even know what my title is. Must post this message so I can find out. :)

10. sage

sage Guest

LandLockedInAZ,

You have a great job. I'm not sure how we get our jobs, but I think that it is great. At least someone cares that we are on the board and posting.

11. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Isn't is wonderful we are all entitled to our own opinions? No one HAS to understand the other's opinion. They HAVE to respect their right to have it.

JMHO...... :)
    Personally, I have not yet seen a title here I would wish assigned to my name. Still trying to find one I'd want and haven't yet.

12. Sail-
    How about "passenger sitting on deck sipping a cool drink"? :)

13. sage

sage Guest

Sail,

I don't mean to offend, but it is just a chat board, a place to have fun and exchange ideas.

14. elmorejj

elmorejj Guest

I kind of like mine, "new kid in the sandbox" Makes me feel younger than I am

15. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

?? Okay if I pass? :)

16. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

:jester.......Someone has a great sense of humor. Seems I have a new job description. :bounce

This is Funny!! =clap If ever anyone was totally unsuited........:)

17. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Oh come on Sails... It's for HAL..you sell HAL perfect EVERYTIME!!..:thumb... enjoy.!!.I am on Par for Princess for selling as you are on HAL..so you are are to Quote my DD's "Awesome HAL Guest Relations Material"..:grin...:)..Joanne

18. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

:) Joanne......

I can just imagine me behind a Guest Relations Desk......that is a funny image. Tact is not necessarily my strongest asset. :roll If it's on my mind, it's on my tongue. :spank

19. elmorejj

elmorejj Guest

Well I guess I`m out of the sand box and onto the decks! Anyone need a drink while I still have the "deck attendant" position. Who knows, I might be Master of the ship next week!!

20. peaches

peaches Guest

Please, jean- a Margarita. On the rocks with a little teeny bit of salt.