Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

"Holiday" info wanted....

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by turkeyman, Sep 17, 2004.

1. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Can anyone tell me if there's a sushi bar on the Holiday? Thanks.

2. Sodey

Sodey Guest

Turkeyman!

Forget the Holiday!

Stick to the Large Ships. It's what you were "Weaned" on.

Sodey-M

3. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Hey Sodey, I couldn't pass this one up. 3 days and two nights for $100. That's a cheap weekend get-away. We leave tomorrow, Booked yesterday.

4. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

That sounds real encourging coming from someone who's been hanging out with Tom Odett.

5. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

Hi Turkeyman,

I think that the sushie bar is probably something new on the conquest size ships. I know that when I went on the Holiday a few years ago, there was not a sushie bar.

Ps is this 2 day cruise out of new orleans?

coffeecups

6. We were on the Holiday in July. No Sushi bar or any special food bars of any type. Get used to cruise pizza, hamburgers, luncheon salad bar and lots of chloresterol for breakfast. Great crew on a small ship!

Have fun.

7. SandyBeach

SandyBeach Guest

Check on Broadway by/around/in the Bus Stop. When we were on the Jubilee in April they were serving sushi in it's sister location. We almost missed it as it was only being served during certain hours. I think there were very small signs indicating what the times were.

8. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

Well, we didn't find the sushi. Looked a couple of times but got negative results. Thanks everyone for the info. We'll have to wait til Jan.

Had a marvelous time. Yes, it's a smaller ship, but, as previously posted, a great crew. Perfect weather, not quite as hot, and some good relaxing. Would go again in a heartbeat.

We did happen upon some chocolate sushi around the desserts, but , that looked about as appitising as a tuna fish milkshake.

9. Sodey

Sodey Guest

So Turkeyman, what exactly did you do and where did you go for $100 in 2 to 3 days?

What did it really cost you?

10. turkeyman

turkeyman Guest

We didn't go anywhere. Cruised the Gulf all day Sunday. Went to all the shows, did some trivia, and a little wagering. What it really cost us was $117. to get on the ship, +$20. for 2 days' gratuities, (you really don't want to know the wagering part).

11. brian3006

brian3006 Guest

Sodey,

The reason this trip was so cheap is because the Holiday had to extend its 5 day cruise previous to the " cruise to nowhere" due to Hurricane Ivan. We were on this cruise and went to Galveston before finally docking in New Orleans. We had a great time but were disappointed that Carnival did not let us know about this $100 cruise. Since we live in Louisiana we could have stayed on for a couple more days and had someone bring our kids to the port and had an inexpensive family get away. Instead of cancelling the next cruise (a 4 day) carnival elected to reduce the price for the cruise and go to no port and return on Monday to pick up the next 5 day cruise. We had a great time on ours and have already booked again out of New Orleans on Sensation next year as Holiday will be in Mobile. We did find sushi also but it was on the lunch menu in the fomal dining room. Also once it was at the buffet at lunch.