• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Holland America typical passenger

J

JOHN(NJ)

red you forgot one downside............ stewed prune shortage in the breakfast buffet............

R

red stripe

Darn.. and I was really looking forward to them :grin

perhaps I can get a prune cocktail in the bar??

J

jimlinalf

Toss my HAL experience in concerning ages of passengers. The wife and I just finished a 7 day west Car. on the Zaandam. There may have been 20 passengers below the age of 16, and only saw two infants. The majority of passengers appeared to be over 60. Didn't bother us because we are in our mid 50's. The ship did get quiet later at night and there were a lot of walkers, canes, and chairs onboard. Only problem I had was the attitude of a lot of people that wherever they happened to be, whether it was the middle of the gangplank, a buffet line, in the door of an elevator, they weren't going to move for hell or high water and if you said pardon me, or excuse me they really gave you looks. Once we got used to this we avoided those that might have forgotten where they were or what they were going to do and had a great cruise.

Jim

W

wendyandbarry

I am not saying that the Passengers on HAL are Old, but on our last 10 day Cruise they had to take people to hospital at each port, and when we got back to Ft. Lauderdale there was at least 5 ambulances waiting to take some of the passengers away.
We are not that young ourselves, 50's, but when you are the youngest on board, you start to think did I pick the line I want, and then you say to yourselves, if the people are being taken off this fast, maybe I can get a Free upgrade.

Barry

W

wendyandbarry

You know how it is, you get busy, you have things to do, cruise's to go on, and get tired of the same old Questions every month.
I can only make fun of so many people, then it gets boring after a while, and I do long for the Sea, Oh to be at sea again.

Barry