Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

How did you get your C@ screen name?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by GloBug, Apr 8, 2009.

1. GloBug

GloBug Guest

We haven't done this in a long time, and we have new C@'s, so it's time to share!
    ------------------------------------
    My name is Glorya (yes, it's spelled that way on my birth certificate...), and my boss in the security dept. where I used to work called me GloBug, and the name stuck. (after 4 years, when I run into old co-workers, they STILL call me that! LOL!)

2. popcorn

popcorn Guest

When we used a CB radio, my husband was Peanuts (because he liked them) I was popcorn (because I liked it) and our daughter was cracker jack. And when we came to C@, popcorn was easy for me to remember.

Liz

3. Tobyn

Tobyn Guest

Well. . . . .I originally started as Tread (first initial and last name). When we went cruising with groups, everyone called me by that and I had trouble responding because I am used to my first name. So I requested help from one of the elves and they changed my screen name to my actual first name. Just seemed to make things easier for me. Of course folks like bOB still call me lots of other things. . . . .

4. Beryl

Beryl Guest

My parents gave it to me :grin ! I'm just plain boring I guess!

5. KathyC

KathyC Guest

We had just gotten our very first computer and I was planning our first cruise when I came upon this cruise site. At the time I was extremely computer challenged (still am) & I had to keep things VERY simple therefore I used my real name.

6. kpopperwell

kpopperwell Guest

Could not think of anything clever so I used the initial for my first name and my full lastname. People at work just call me "kp"

7. earl_m

earl_m Guest

I thought long and hard what name to use. first name Earl and Last name starts with a M

8. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I'm a ship person - love ships first and foremost rather than a cruising destination - hence, Ship. I'm somewhat of a ship historian, and hopefully know a bit about ships - hence, Maven. I combined the two into ShipMaven.

9. herb

herb Guest

I was new to the whole computer lingo when I started researching the internet and found message boards. I was asked for a "username".... didn't think you could make up something so I typed in my first name Herb, but I typed quickly ..... I clicked "submit" and then I noticed that I forgot to captitalize the H .... and therefore ... tada....... "herb".

10. belgique

belgique Guest

Parents born in Belgium, came to America as teenagers. "Belgique" is a female Belgian.

11. Rubysky

Rubysky Guest

A long time ago Star had her own e-Mail address, redstar @ something or another. I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else that I had to come up with a handle. Redstar was already taken so I had to go through shades of red and anything to do with the sky and what it held. It took a lot of time & frustration and this was the best I could come up with.

[​IMG]

12. H2O babe

H2O babe Guest

Have always loved the water - being in it, on it, and around it. The boyfriend calls me "babe" alot and hence "H2O babe"! (And no, I can't recite the periodic table anymore but love the symbol for water so used that instead of the word!)

13. conniecat

conniecat Guest

[size=x-large]Another not so imaginative one, my name is connie (lower case, please, I am capitally challenged) and I love cats. When I was little, my daddy called me cat, so it just sort of went together. I use it on all the forums I belong to, it makes it easier.[/size]

14. Snowblower

Snowblower Guest

It was simple for me to pick. All you have to do is look around our crazy dog. Half the year it's like this and we are moving it all winter long.....

[​IMG]

15. nieciez

nieciez Guest

When we were little my younger sister called me Niecie....when I first registered for a yahoo account it was taken so I added a "Z" to the end as our last name begins with the letter Z.....and that is how I register everywhere now. :)

16. We are just Krazy about Kruizing.

17. Charles

Charles Guest

No imagination! :)

c

18. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

I'm pretty much NiteStar on any bulletin or message board I post on. I've been NiteStar for about 15 years now. The reason I chose it way back when was because I love standing on the deck of a cruise ship at night and staring at the stars. There's no city lights to block them out and they are vibrant and bright and beautiful.

19. suer182

suer182 Guest

Another boring one.

Since we had/have a lot of Sue's posting to the board, most people call me suer. Even in person. It is kinda funny seeing heads turn on a ship. Makes for some great conversation.

20. Calgon1

Calgon1 Guest

Long, long ago; in a land far, far away ...... Oh wait, that's a different story ...

Back in the early 70's, I was in the Army and living on barracks. One evening, I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with a young lady (No Globug, you're wrong. She was too a 'lady'). At one point, during a most intimate moment, she whispered in my ear, "Oh Calgon .... Take me away!" I thought the comment, and her timing were funny and started laughing. The next thing I knew she had grabbed her clothes, left the motel room and was storming off down the sidewalk, dressing as she cursed me ...

Being oblivious to the possibility of consequences, I went back to my barracks and told all my buddies. The next thing I knew, it was, "Hey Calgon this" and "Hey Calgon that" The name stuck.