Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

how do you check cabins available?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by pnorth, Feb 23, 2004.

1. pnorth

pnorth Guest

He where is the best site to visit if I want to see what cabins are left on my cruise? I am booked a gty and curious to see what is left?

2. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

Don't think there is a place to do this. All the online booking agencys list about 9 cabins in a category but that does not mean they are the only ones left. They just don't want to overwhelm you with choices. Also, I doubt that any cruiseline wants that exact info on the web. Why tell the competition how your sales are going? Plus many TA's will reserve group cabin space so those cabins won't show as available until final payment is due. At that time the TA's must pay for the cabins or release them back to the cruiseline. So suddenly many unavailable cabins open up for booking.

3. kujobie

kujobie Guest

Yea... what dan said

4. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Travelocity lists many more then 9 in their search engine if cabins are available to them....that's not to say that others are held back. It will give you a good idea on what is available. I have heard that some large agencies will book blocks of rooms to sell then realease them back to the the cruise line later if they don't sell them.

Post Edited (02-24-04 14:25)

5. kujobie

kujobie Guest

OK. Ive never seen more than 9 on travelocity. If you do, post a link to that page. I'm not saying you're lying, just that it must've changed in the last few days because it's always been 9, regardless of ship or when it sails.

6. Dan40

Dan40 Guest

If you add up all the cabins available in DIFFERENT categories, you could have 50 or 60 or more listings, depending on the ship.
    Dan

7. PINEVIEW01

PINEVIEW01 Guest

If you leave the default at two the rooms available in that category comes up. If you change it to three and than four you will see different room on travelocity. Some times the rooms are on multiply deck and you need to click the book to see the different decks.

8. PACMANEJ

PACMANEJ Guest

If you call Carnival direct you can ask which cabins on the deck you want to be on are available. They even tell what percentage of the ship is full.

9. aileenw

aileenw Guest

i also booked a gty cabin for our sept 5th cruise, checked carnival website for prices, it doesnt even give you a gty inside option and also travelocity, so i take it all the gty, inside cabins are sold out ???
    so what are our options of being upgraded since we have sailed with carnival 4 other times. hoping for an ocenview would be nice. i wont press my luck for a balcony.

10. rox6983

rox6983 Guest

I have an OV guaranteed room booked for 9/5/04. When did you book yours?
    I'm hoping to be upgraded but guess I won't find out until we board. We went thru a TA instead of Carnival. One previous sailing.

11. hkolln

hkolln Guest

We have a GTY OV on the Carnival Inspiration for the March 14th cruise (Sunday) and I tried doing a search on both Orbitz and travelocity and bestpricecruises (where we booked from) and it shows no Inspiration for March 14th anymore....but only for March 21st..(but it does show other carnival ships for march 14th)

So I'm thinking it's full???!!! I hope we get upgraded as this is our 3rd Carnival cruise but first time we booked a GTY cabin.....

12. aileenw

aileenw Guest

this is also the first time we have booked a gty cabin, we have used the same TA for all the cruises we have booked. she told us our chances of an upgrade were good since we have sailed with carnival before. do you have your past carnival cruise number, if you do be sure if use it on the funpass when you pre-regisster. i called carnival, but did not want to give it to me at first. we booked our cruise about a month ago, since then all the inside gty have been sold out ??? what cruise are you taking rox6983 ???