Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

how do you pay for you cruise??

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by jorene, May 8, 2003.

1. RogerD

RogerD Guest

Been married to the same wonderful woman for almost 23 years and she makes more money than me. That is how I pay for our curises.

2. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

Hucc

What did you have for dinner last night ????
    or hmmmmm... Do you like the brownies on the ship ?
    or did you have a paper route as a Kid

What was your last trip ?

Do you like those surveys they send in the mail asking for all of the information of everyone in your household and familY ?

Do you like Cats ?

What do you think is a nice question ?

ummmm ... I know .. no I cant think of a nice question .. maybe this one

Do you like marshmellows..?? Oh maybe its to personal .. I just am having trouble coming up with a nice question..

Oh I got one .. Do you like to cruise ?

if so how do you pay for them ?

Im mean arent I ?

3. luv2travel2

luv2travel2 Guest

Uh, Oh sand fight! :grin

4. Brenda

Brenda Guest

I have yard sales . Great way to get rid of things not being used and put the money to good use. LOL

5. I invest in real estate, my wife works in the Mental Health field, she can practice on me at home.
    Doug

6. jorene

jorene Guest

I was not trying to offend anyone with a simple Question, seemed like a good way to get to know each other on this web site, I did not think I was invading anyones privacy, I know what my friends do for a living, and some of the people on this board are my friends. However it is totally OK with me if people don't want to share how they pay for their cruises, just keep going and have some fun!!
    Jo-rene

7. OBFam

OBFam Guest

Oh, good grief! If one doesn't want to answer, then one shouldn't! I don't think it's a personal question at all. In fact, a fair amount of my mental energy is going towards how to pay for the next cruise, since we got back from the last one (and I may not have that much energy to spare!).

My husband attained his national board certification in teaching last year, and our state (for the moment) pays a yearly stipend to those who have suffered through the process and passed. We originally were going to put this away for the boys' college funds, but now. . . we can always pay for college later, right? What's the mastercard commercial. . . it should say something like, "Saving for children's college fund, smart thing to do, but making lasting memories on a week-long cruise every year. . . PRICELESS!"

Hey, do you think that ad campaign would hire me. . .?

Anyway, I'm a business manager, and in addition to my husband's above-mentioned stipend, I tuck away my profit sharing checks into our cruise account (if there's a profit!)

Happy Sailing!
    JO

8. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

I think Hucc was kidding .. hey on the other site Community chest ... hucc told us what he got his mom for mothers day ..

Hes just pulling your chain..

I think .. are you hucc?

I think it is a great question and gives us all ideas on how to cruise and speaking of garage sales .. I have been collecting stuff for so many years it is FULL IN THE SHED FROM ME BUYING STUFF TO HAVE A HUGE GARAGE SALE THAT WOULD PROBABLY PAY FOR EVERYONE TO GO ON A CRUISE
    LETS HAVE a COmMUNTIty garage sale

9. Shangrilq

Shangrilq Guest

"I was not trying to offend anyone with a simple Question, seemed like a good way to get to know each other on this web site, I did not think I was invading anyones privacy, I know what my friends do for a living, and some of the people on this board are my friends. However it is totally OK with me if people don't want to share how they pay for their cruises, just keep going and have some fun!!"

If people don't like the question or feel offended they should just NOT answer!

10. #1Nurse

#1Nurse Guest

This is our first cruise and we have been saving for 2 years.
    I am a nurse (the first of 5 nurses in the family) and my husband is a sales rep.
    If we enjoy this cruise like I think we will, then it will become a yearly ritual.
    By the way, this is our first vacation in 3 years without kids!!

CLS

11. luv2travel2

luv2travel2 Guest

wooo hooo! Cherie, you'll have a great time!

Sara - I agree with ya!

12. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

I am a cruise sales agent for Expedia.com. RCCL usually has great agent rates. I earn my $$ by booking cruises. I can't imagine a better job than making people happy by sending them or great vacations.

13. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

My husband works for the airlines so we are lucky in that we can fly on employee standby passes to get us to our cruise port. I have my own market research company and I make it a high priority to cruise once or twice a year (or more if possible).

14. Darlene

Darlene Guest

My husband and I rob banks but, don't tell anyone please!

15. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

I wont tell anyone about you robbing banks but do you have the need of a partner ?

I will join and we can call our selves the CRUISE GANG

16. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

P. S
    to my last post of the bank robbers..

Maybe we could find on here a COMPUTER WIZ AND they could BOOK US ALL ON CRUISES and we wouldnt have to PAY ..THats what we need a TRAVEL HACKER

17. Shangrilq

Shangrilq Guest

SHAME,SHAME, On you folks!!Geez, and I thought "mystery shopping" was "risque"?

18. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

Sara

How do you do mystery shopping or get involved in that .. I used to be a waitress and I know we would have mystery eaters but how do you get a job to do that ? Just curious

19. Shangrilq

Shangrilq Guest

Sara Lee
    As far as Mystery Shopping is concerned just go online to any search site and type in "mystery shoppers" and lots of website will come up. Some will say they do not do shopping your area so just move on. It will take you a LONG time to fill out applications on the websites and just do a few each day. I have been doing"mystery shopping" for about 3 years now and I love it! You will NEVER make a living out of It of course. Oh by the way if you are from West TN forget all the info I gave you as otherwise I would just like have to RUB YOU OUT!lL0L!!

20. Sara Lee

Sara Lee Guest

Hey thanks

Well the only thing is 2 days a week Im in Atlanta and I have all day to shop and walk around but dont spend much .. as if I did every week , I would be broke...

So 'll look and see what the deal is , thanks