• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many formal nights?

• Thread starter Lady Jag(Bobbie)
  • Start date
L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

Can anyone tell us if there are 3 or 2 formal nights on a 10 day cruise?

Thanks for the help! :)

D

Dick & Linda

We are booked on a 10-day cruise in December. We are planning on 3 formal nights until we hear otherwise. There are 2 formal nights on a 7-day cruise and 4 formal nights on a 14-day cruise (been on those).

G

gambler

We did a 10 day this past February. Had two formal nights, 1 semi-formal night, 2 up-scale casual and the rest casual..

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

Just found out from the RCI website:

ON A 10, 11 or 12 DAY CRUISE:

3 FORMAL
3 SMART CASUAL
REST CASUAL

Guess that answers that question! I wonder if they stick to this schedule all the time or not?

R

Roland

Bobbie,
They don´t stick to that scedule all the time. It´s obviously up to CD:s taste how many formals there will be. I am used to the rule, that cruises 11 nights or longer have 3 formals, but on BR:s 12 nights cruise I returned from Saturday, there were only 2.
CD was Ken Rush.

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

Roland,

Do you know what would make a CD change from 3 to 2 formal nights? Two makes more sense to me than three on a 10 night cruise. How did you like the ship?

R

Roland

Bobbie,
Who knows what´s going on in the head of Ken! I didn´t ask him about it so I really can´t tell you. As for a 10 night cruise, the "rule" is 2 formals.

G

griffy

Spoke to TA today, who spoke to RCI on number of formal nights on 11 day cruise. Stands at 2 right now, but was told it could change before the cruise. We are prepared to take 3 formal outfits, but prefer to save the luggage space if it's only 2. They said it should be on the final documents we receive.
So apparently it can vary from 2 to 3.

W

wishin

I would be really ticked off if I had bought 3 formal gowns and the CD decided there would be only 2. That's no small expense.

C

CruzTerri

Hmm, I've an outfit that I can "change" what would other me is to pack for 3, and end up with only 2!

E

Edziu

Just got off a 12 night cruise on Brilliance. We had 2 fornal nights, 3 smart casual, and the rest were casual.