Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

How many shoes are too many?

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by jenibq, Apr 29, 2004.

1. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

Belize mamma, we had to take a separate suitcase to house all of my husbands different nike shoes!
    Old school nikes
    black and white shox nikes
    silver and read shox nikes
    old school with red shox nikes
    his REAL basketball playing nikes
    dressy black shoes
    dressy brown shoes
    water shoes (for the dunns river falls)
    2 pairs of flip flops
    1 pair nike sandals....

I AM NOT KIDDING!!!! I married the male version of Carrie Bradshaw!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I took five pairs.

Gigi

2. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

GO Gigi's husband! :lol

3. lainie

lainie Guest

Hi,

I am Emelda Marcos' twin sister and I say you can NEVER bring TOO MANY shoes. No such thing!!! Some people collect coins, others collect stamps, I collect shoes.

But seriously, on this last trip on the Glory last week, I had with me:

Avia Tennies for the trip down and back up
    Bikenstock Orlando Sandals for walking
    Birkenstock Margaret Black Satin Dress Sandals with Rhinestone Buckles for the non-formal nights dinner outfits
    Black Patent Leather and Suede Strappy Sandals for both Formal Night's Outfits
    Birkenstock Gizeh Thong Sandals for around the pool and beach days
    Mootsie's Tootsies Navy Slides for fun because I just bought them and they are my first pair of sandals in Navy -- ever!!

:grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

4. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

Gigi, That is too funny:) He does sound like the exception to the rule,,, as far as guys go. Good for him.

5. mardaho

mardaho Guest

gigi

and guys shoes are just so clunky
    i could fit 8 pair in the amount of space of two of my husbands
    but then you can always stuff them with sox and undies

6. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

ok seriuosly:

2 pairs need to be packed...

comfy black sandals to match everything... and one pair of dress shoes...

you should already be wearing the tennis sneakers when you arrive...

simple!!!!!!!!!

7. mardaho

mardaho Guest

flip flops
    the decks are very very very hot

8. prettygigi

prettygigi Guest

Mardaho,

Not only his shoes are three times the size of mine, but they cost 10 times more!
    Each pair of Nike Shox go for like $150, while I buy my shoes on sale for like $15... But don't get me wrong, I have a closet at home just for shoes
    I am a woman and YES I LOVE SHOES!!!!!!

9. terri910

terri910 Guest

wojo...
    What's that you say? "Remember you have to carry that luggage"...?

You need to buy new luggage. They've got WHEELS and pop-up HANDLES, now! I haven't "carried" luggage for a very long time.

Show of hands, who thinks the person that thought up putting those sheels and pop-up handles on luggage deserves to be a multi-billionaire?

*raising my hand high*

10. terri910

terri910 Guest

aaarggh...I meant "wheels" not "sheels"...*LOL*

11. Belizemama

Belizemama Guest

mizangel, the only thing wrong with only 2 pairs is that my 2 dressy outfits are not at all alike. One is black beaded and the other is pastel (ish). Same shoes definitely do not work. As for other outfits, I have shoes that were bought especially to go with 1 or 2 specific outfits each. They are all sandal-type shoes but I need more than just my black ones....which are also packed. They really don't take up much room either. A little heavy maybe...but those are the breaks.

I, also, am aware that I am overpacking. I always do even when I try not to. This is our 6th cruise and I will probably still overpack on our 60th. LOL

12. ScottieB64

ScottieB64 Guest

I am going to try to leave this alone. It is a constant battle over this with my wife. I guess I just need to buy stock in shoe companies. I told her she could take 5 pair tops on our cruise next month. If she took more, I was going out on the deck and feed the fish with the rest of them.

13. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

And your'e still married...? :grin

14. ScottieB64

ScottieB64 Guest

Maybe not after the cruise!!!!!

15. uncle bob

uncle bob Guest

I would say 3 are too many!!

16. NewNCrusin

NewNCrusin Guest

I say its vacation and I am going to bring my 10 pairs of shoes, or so. I just never know which ones I will be "in the mood" for at any given time! I need to go find some news ones to match my new formal ruby red dress!

What better excuse than vacation to buy new shoes??

17. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

Three pair is too many? This means a pair of dress shoes for dinner, a pair of tennies for port days and a pair of flip-flops for the deck is too many...??? That's crazy talk.

18. You need to buy more shoes, that's all! The right strappy black shoes can go with almost any outfit. It is time to buy shoes. Buy 5 pairs. Take them home, and pick out the pair that will go with everything. Of course you will eventually wear the other 4 pairs! These must be stacked with the other 120 pairs in overflowing closet. Carefully pack the perfect pair.

The only other shoes required will be:

- Flip flops: 1 pair that goes with everything

- Tennis shoes

- Tevas or some other athletic sandal

4 pairs. That's right. What happens if, in a port, you find some fabulous shoes? You will need the extra room to transport them home! Also, don't forget the other great shoppng in the ports- you need all the room in your luggage you can get!

19. lizardstew

lizardstew Guest

=lolgang BuffetBarbie!

Oh my goodness....did you think I was trying to justify only taking three pair of shoes??? GOODNESS NO! I was responding to Uncle bob who said three is too many....I didn't present it very well, but my point was that even my boyfriend (a self-proclaimed shoe hater - this could be my fault) took more on our cruise. I wouldn't even take a short three day jaunt with only three pair! :nono

I had a whole suitcase for shoes on my last cruise! I probably wouldn't ever buy shoes while on a cruise because I don't really shop that much....plus I have my wardrobe carefully planned out! :grin I did buy two new pair of black shoes on a recent trip to San Diego....much to my DB's dismay (who tells me if I come home with another pair of black shoes he'll beat me with them....)! He just doesn't understand that you need a different style for nearly every outfit!

You're in big trouble if DB hears you tell me I need to buy more shoes.....we're moving in a few weeks so I recently counted all of the shoes.....78 pair to be exact.

I can't help it....it's a sickness.

20. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Hey Jenni..;)..I could not resist adding my shoe sickness to yours...:grin,Our 4 college graduate daughters came home last summer..get this -164 pair of shoes later..100 pair size 10...3 of the 4 daughters wear size 10..my youngest size 7 1/2 and I wear size 8's..I know all those size 10's but the 3 live in three different states..DH Mark just chuckles as I have 40 pair of size 8's in my closet... I pack all the shoes I want..Dh is a second husband and as he states..jewelry,pocketbooks, and shoes are the least of his worrries after putting 4 daughters through college in 5 years...=lolgang..I LOVE that man and would not take Powerball for him!!!..Hey it could be a lot worse..I am a sales queen and will not pay full price for anything...:grin..Hey ladies ..enjoy all those shoes..Jenni and I do!!!...:grin..:)..Joanne